Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection as BA Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seat Selection as BA Gold

I booked via an OTA. Economy seats. Should I be able to select seats for free, or is that a QF only privilege?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What flights have you booked? IIRC, there are different rules for some flights, eg (from my personal experience) QantasLink flights between SYD and CBR.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:51 am
Original Poster

BKK-AKL via SYD
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Should be able to do so. Just use the QF PNR on Qantas site or app. Make sure your BA number is added to booking. if.you can't do that ask OTA.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In QF's manage booking, does it show that your frequent flyer number has been added? if not, just add the number, exit manage booking, go back in and should be able to do so
If it is showing the BA number in the booking, you may need to get it removed, then go in and add it

Once it recognises your status, you should have free standard seat selection - extra legroom seats will still be chargeable
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Yep, show BA number but seems to want to charge me X THB to select seats
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by webstereo
Yep, show BA number but seems to want to charge me X THB to select seats
Try it via the Royal Jordanian or Finnair websites Manage my Booking" using the PNR

​​​​​​
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Good thought re RJ - had success previously with an AY res
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
QF’s system may not have picked up your status properly. You may need to remove your FFP from the booking and then add it back in.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
When did Qantas start charging for the exit row seats on domestic economy for oneworld Emeralds? I last flew with them in Jan 2020 and they were free back then. They’re absolute rob dogs if they’ve implemented this across the board!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by cameramaker
When did Qantas start charging for the exit row seats on domestic economy for oneworld Emeralds? I last flew with them in Jan 2020 and they were free back then. They’re absolute rob dogs if they’ve implemented this across the board!
Qantas has been charging for exit row seats for a while. No good reason not to charge for them and no reason to insult it for doing so. OW Emerald does not have complimentaty exit row seats listed as a benefit
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:20 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by cameramaker
I enjoyed exit row seating at no cost on BA domestic the other day. Its a shame that QF is not following the same policy.
nivsy and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by og
I enjoyed exit row seating at no cost on BA domestic the other day. Its a shame that QF is not following the same policy.
Indeed, it's not ofcourse only on BA domestic. It's on any fight. You have status the aircraft seat choice is yours..even when down the back. Added to that lounge access on any one world lounge, and priority boarding and when available, fast track security. I miss BA albeit they have their own problems at the moment! .
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:39 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] I have deleted several posts which were more attacking the poster and not dealing with the matter at hand. Try to stay factual and most of all friendly. No need for attacks. [/mod hat]
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by nivsy
Indeed, it's not ofcourse only on BA domestic. It's on any fight. You have status the aircraft seat choice is yours..even when down the back. Added to that lounge access on any one world lounge, and priority boarding and when available, fast track security. I miss BA albeit they have their own problems at the moment! .
Exit row seating in World Traveller ( rather than Euro Traveller ) is not free of charge to OW Ruby or OW Sapphire ; only Emerald status holders get access to exit row seating
Ruby members only get complimentary seat selection at 7 days before departure on BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.