Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld Emerald
  • oneworld flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld First Passenger
  • oneworld flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
1:45 should give you about an hour of lounge time, maybe a fraction less. Time for a shower and a quick bite. Most QF lounges have a GF option. Not sure how extensive that is at SIN F.
If I was OP, I would skip the shower and just eat.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:00 am

Late arrival means we were told just 30 mins in lounge. Surprised me they can turn around an A380 that quickly. Suspect they will just be herding us past security, only to be waiting to board like good little soldiers.

Disappointing, especially as my GF meal at the end of the flight, in business class, was
literally an apple and a banana. The crew were embarrassed.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
At least you got an apple. For a kids main meal QF once loaded a banana - and that was literally it!
likethis likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
1:45 should give you about an hour of lounge time, maybe a fraction less. Time for a shower and a quick bite. Most QF lounges have a GF option. Not sure how extensive that is at SIN F.
Given SIN T1's at gate security, the latest one could safely leave the lounge is hours before scheduled departure depending on the Pier (D is closer to the First Lounge than C).
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by serfty
Given SIN T1's at gate security, the latest one could safely leave the lounge is hours before scheduled departure depending on the Pier (D is closer to the First Lounge than C).
We had priority screening for our QF flight last week at SIN. There was a long line for economy but you can either spend your time waiting in the queue or come a little later once the economy queue is shorter, or the priority lane.

We were through security in less than a minute and then had to wait in the gate lounge. We could have safely arrived at the gate much later.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
We had priority screening for our QF flight last week at SIN. There was a long line for economy but you can either spend your time waiting in the queue or come a little later once the economy queue is shorter, or the priority lane.

We were through security in less than a minute and then had to wait in the gate lounge. We could have safely arrived at the gate much later.
My approach in sin is to leave the lounge later than the hordes (depending on distance to gate this may be 15-30 mins before departure). if time it right no or minimal queue at security and straight onboard.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:09 am

I recall someone post on FT (can't for my life remember who or in which forum) that the QF F lounge in SIN may now turn away OWEs to the QF J lounge or the BA lounge if it's getting full. Has anyone experienced this, if so around what time was your flight?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:46 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I recall someone post on FT (can't for my life remember who or in which forum) that the QF F lounge in SIN may now turn away OWEs to the QF J lounge or the BA lounge if it's getting full. Has anyone experienced this, if so around what time was your flight?
highest risk is in the evening - lots of flights to Australia depart within a relatively short window.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
highest risk is in the evening - lots of flights to Australia depart within a relatively short window.
Eyeing a visit as a OWE on MH J in the evening. Will probably try to time my arrival around 7:30pm, after QF82 has started boarding, and stay for a couple hours before QF1 pax arrive. Hopefully I can get in during this lull.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
You could also try the QR lounge which many suggest is better
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Originally Posted by dkc192
Eyeing a visit as a OWE on MH J in the evening. Will probably try to time my arrival around 7:30pm, after QF82 has started boarding, and stay for a couple hours before QF1 pax arrive. Hopefully I can get in during this lull.
Indeed, MH J will give access to the QR lounge which currently opens at 6pm.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...st-lounge.html

Why can't QF post the actual opening and closing times online? As an OWE, I want to visit the plunge and maximize my time there. Anyone here know?
Visiting this last week, with Daylight saving schedule changes, the lounges are opening daily at 3pm.

Previously this year the lounge opened 2:30pm most days except for 3:30pm on the days QF71 did not operate.
moa999 and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Originally Posted by serfty
Indeed, MH J will give access to the QR lounge which currently opens at 6pm.
Hoping to try both! The menu at QF F appeals to me more, at least right now.
moa999 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Checked in to MH flight at 4:30 pm, then headed to QF F lounge. Sporadic sofas and only a few seats at the dining area were occupied.

By the time I left for boarding at 6:30 pm - it was heaving, over 80% of all sofas and dining tables were occupied.

More people were getting up the escalator as I descended... suspect the lounge got fuller over the next hour or so, and OWE pax may be turned away to the QF J or BA lounges then to alleviate over crowding...
Old Dec 13, 2022, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Checked in to MH flight at 4:30 pm, then headed to QF F lounge. Sporadic sofas and only a few seats at the dining area were occupied.

By the time I left for boarding at 6:30 pm - it was heaving, over 80% of all sofas and dining tables were occupied.

More people were getting up the escalator as I descended... suspect the lounge got fuller over the next hour or so, and OWE pax may be turned away to the QF J or BA lounges then to alleviate over crowding...
Is this even permitted under OW rules?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.