Wiki Posts
Search

Business class .having a laugh!

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Of course it does. If you want a particular service , it is up to you to make sure that that service is offered before purchasing

It is risible to suggest that service is rubbish or that it is an embarrassment if something that is never claimed to be provided is not provided
Offering a flat bed but no pillow or planket and you say it is not reasonable to expect a pillow or blanket?. You do make me laugh I admit. 🤣 It was also interesting that our flight into Sydney fromr Uluru on the 737 had China cups for tea and coffee etc. To PER from SYD a paper cup! Very classy! All part of the QF biz service ...☹️
Cedar Jet, arf04 and eminere like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by nivsy
..... our flight into Sydney fromr Uluru on the 737 had China cups for tea and coffee etc. To PER from SYD a paper cup! Very classy! All part of the QF biz service ...☹️
Yes, but clearly your expectations were unreasonable as if you read the T&C's no mention of China cups for tea/coffee was promised for the PER-SYD flight!

choosethedrew, TPJ, nivsy and 2 others like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Given that the offering you wanted is not advertised as offered, the issue seems to me , more your expectations being unreasonable than the Qantas service being rubbish

Qantas isn't the only domestic carrier
When they are charging upwards of $2,600 each way - is it really too much to expect a pillow to be made available for a flat bed in business?
Old May 30, 2022, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANstar
When they are charging upwards of $2,600 each way - is it really too much to expect a pillow to be made available for a flat bed in business?
For Qantas I'm afraid it is.
TPJ likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 5:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ANstar
It is too much to expect if that is not part of the service offering. If someone was to book their business class ticket by puchasing 20,000 miles from AA for AUD786 , would this make them less entitled to expect a pillow? At what price is a pillow an expected offering?

If the lack of pillow makes it not worth $2600 , then perhaps don't buy it
Old May 30, 2022, 6:15 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Okay, so I think the positions of the main participants in this thread are clear. Please only post if you have something really new and relevant to add here. [/mod hat]
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
They definitely used to…

LimaFoxtrotRomeo likes this.

Last edited by choosethedrew; Jun 5, 2022 at 3:42 am
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
The J service is indeed inherently "rubbish" by not providing at least a pillow and blanket. Not at all unreasonable to expect this considering Qantas is a full service carrier and for the prices paid in J. Just because it's not written does not make it right. It's clearly sub par on Qantas part. The OP isn't asking for Krug and caviar...just a pillow and blanket. The apologists for Qantas on this thread never cease to amaze.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
NIVSY
Stick to your guns
Your comments are fair and reasonable
As a P1 I can confirm a massive decline in both onboard service culture and product
It doesn't matter how many launch meals Neil Perry hosts to celebrate the new PER-FCO service (Mozarella salad, pasta and tiramisu were his stunning contributions for fares that could be as high as 10k), Alan Joyce will never be able to alter the service culture aboard Qantas, inconsistent, inconsistent, inconsistent and reliably so.
Koru Flyer, og, Chalkie and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I believe that for the last decade, Qantas only offered pillows and blankets (let alone lie flats) due to competition with VA's "Coast to Coast" service .

Below is a post from tom911 showing the seating Qantas were installing for their domestic A330 services before VA leased some 330's and changed "the game" (They actually had some in 2-3-2 configuration). Note the pillows; this was 2010 - they went away soon after but came back and have not reappeared on domestic services since COVID):
Originally Posted by tom911
These two photos I took may give a better view of the domestic A330 seat:

frankyguy and Speedbird84 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ianassum
NIVSY
Stick to your guns
Your comments are fair and reasonable
As a P1 I can confirm a massive decline in both onboard service culture and product
It doesn't matter how many launch meals Neil Perry hosts to celebrate the new PER-FCO service (Mozarella salad, pasta and tiramisu were his stunning contributions for fares that could be as high as 10k), Alan Joyce will never be able to alter the service culture aboard Qantas, inconsistent, inconsistent, inconsistent and reliably so.
Thankyou and I intend to. I was blown away recently by booking via Virgin a multicity from SYD-CBR-MEL-ADLSYD all.in business for just over 1000 dollars. Incredible value. Qantas wil only be used mainly when burning BA miles as appropriate. My new Aussie future is with Virgin. 😆
ANstar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.