New A388 J Cabins

Old Apr 24, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
QF F’s ground service is exceptional - If you’re Australian based then you’ll be met kerbside by a Host and Porter, whisked to F check in then to the F Lounge and picked up again for boarding. In LAX, the agent was able to jump the TSA crew of hundreds of people. We also got a private suite in the LAX F Lounge.

The issue with QF F is in flight - the seat isn’t anything remarkable, not particularly private and unlike other carriers the food offerings are stingy. On every other carrier you can order as much as you want at anytime and QF is not like that. Once you learn the menu is the same as J, just with more ostentatious descriptions on the menu, you realise you’re being short changed.

I also find the crew to be too familiar. I’m polite and engaging, but I’ve had a CSD pat me on my head while talking to me and when my seat was broken and I asked to move was told “Oh, we have someone on staff travel in 1K and I’ll have to see if we can move them.” I didn’t ask for that seat, but I did say I didn’t want a middle seat. This familiarity may come from age, but it’s inappropriate.
The food in F on Qantas is actually embarrassing. My take and that of a few actual Qantas cabin crew.
shillard likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 8:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
The food in F on Qantas is actually embarrassing. My take and that of a few actual Qantas cabin crew.
Hope that awful chocolate brownie hasn’t infected the international catering.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Don't think it's embarrassing, but if you ask a friend in the lounge upstairs for the J menu, you will see the difference is limited.
The wine list is very different however.

Was somewhat surprised that Qantas didn't find a way to add a sliding door as part of the refurb, given pretty much every surface in the First cabin was recovered/painted/edged.

I'd still put QF F above BA F, but the product is at the lower end of those airlines with international F.

But the reality is in any premium cabin is you are paying for floorspace. The food and bev is just to make you feel good about it.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I would put BA F above QF Fsolely on the ability to dine on demand. After eating in the F lounge and then being “forced” to eat a couple of hour later with then very little food for the rest of the 14 hour flight was a strange experience.

The QF wine list I find stronger, as BA typically have an excellent Bordeaux and the rest of the list is weak apart from champagne.

KF
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:51 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
I would put BA F above QF Fsolely on the ability to dine on demand. After eating in the F lounge and then being “forced” to eat a couple of hour later with then very little food for the rest of the 14 hour flight was a strange experience.

The QF wine list I find stronger, as BA typically have an excellent Bordeaux and the rest of the list is weak apart from champagne.

KF
Pre-covid you could dine on demand in QF F. Hopefully it is back when I fly it again in a couple of months.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:17 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Pre-covid you could dine on demand in QF F. Hopefully it is back when I fly it again in a couple of months.
The issue isn’t Dine on Demand. The issue is that portions and menu.

On most Asian carriers and the ME3 there is an enormous amount of choice and you can order much, much more.
Koru Flyer, Cedar Jet and eminere like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.