Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New I Still Call Australia Home Campaign

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:49 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

As international travel rebounds, QF launched their Together Once Again campaign using the I Still Call Australia Home theme song today.

It features iconic Australian talent including Kylie, Troy Sivan, Ash Barty, Adam Goodes and Bangarra Dance Theatre.

It is simply stunning
Mwenenzi and pythonisman like this.

Last edited by m0hamed; Mar 24, 2022 at 7:58 pm
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF newsroom-->QANTAS UNVEILS NEW I STILL CALL AUSTRALIA HOME CAMPAIGN
  • New advertising campaign to showcase the Spirit of Australia as travel recovers.
  • Stars include Kylie Minogue, Hugh Jackman, Ash Barty, Adam Goodes, Troye Sivan, Bangarra dancers, Qantas staff, Olympians and the Qantas Choir.
  • One million international and domestic fares on sale with either double Qantas Points or double status credits.
More than 35 years after Qantas first launched an advertising campaign using the iconic Peter Allen anthem I Still Call Australia Home, the airline has unveiled a new version of the advertisement to showcase Australia as the world re-opens and travellers return to the skies.
<snip>
From 1994

1987 (original)

Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Stil...Australia_Home

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 25, 2022 at 3:25 am
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Why Qantas never use the A380 in their marketing, considering its their flagship aircraft, beats me. The 787 looks plain and boring for the finale compared to a nice angle and lighting shot of an A380. The 787 looks like any other plane compared to the iconic A380. That's a fail for an otherwise nice new take on I still call Australia home ad.
henrus and dddc like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by m0hamed
As international travel rebounds, QF launched their Together Once Again campaign using the I Still Call Australia Home theme song today.

It features iconic Australian talent including Kylie, Troy Sivan, Ash Barty, Adam Goodes and Bangarra Dance Theatre
Loved it, brought the feels up for this expat
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Why Qantas never use the A380 in their marketing, considering its their flagship aircraft, beats me......
Depending on when the add was made, the A380's may have been sitting in the desert. Was a possibility they would not return to the sky with a QF roo tail.But the A380 is a far more impressive aircraft.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 4:22 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Depending on when the add was made, the A380's may have been sitting in the desert. Was a possibility they would not return to the sky with a QF roo tail.But the A380 is a far more impressive aircraft.
It was filmed in 2019, but was shelved until this week.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:06 am

Better than the "Australia has left me Homeless" campaign that we have had for the last 2 years
Old Mar 26, 2022, 12:20 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
They certainly know how to push this emotional button. Again.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Pity it is not the national anthem with a few words reworked of course.

Advance Australia Fair is a dirge.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by robertr
Pity it is not the national anthem with a few words reworked of course.

Advance Australia Fair is a dirge.
I completely agree. I love the song.

I do truly admire the awesome capacity of Qantas to market themselves ruthlessly. This song, in its various forms used by Qantas, never fails to invoke a tear in my eye. But having said that, I also recall the many experiences in reality, such as where two hours into a 14 hr long haul flight, the delightful stewardess manages to roll her eyes at my simple request for a bottle of water....

I suspect, and quite rightly, this sort of add is targeting those that fly an aspirational flight once in a blue moon. I guess every airline is in the same boat - they use whatever to compete. I respect that. And this song is truly a winner in that regard.

But ironically, I think I have managed through too many flights, too many hours/days/years missing the home country, to reach a point where now I even feel delight/nostalgia/homesickness from even those flights where a Qantas hostie yet again makes me feel unwelcome!

I still call australia home. I still call a Qantas flight where a bottle of water is a pesky trouble "home".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.