Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Status-Based Lounge Access on Dom Arrival

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:13 pm
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs

I've never tried to access a lounge on arrival from a domestic flight. I just assumed lounge access is meant for the departing airport, but I don't see this in writing. Is lounge access allowed on arrival?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TBD
I've never tried to access a lounge on arrival from a domestic flight. I just assumed lounge access is meant for the departing airport, but I don't see this in writing. Is lounge access allowed on arrival?
What airport? Guessing "dom" means Australian domestic airport. [I note your profile is not for AU: PHL & NZ]
QF or other OW status?
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...igibility.html

Are for departures only unless QF P/P1 status, who have arrival access. And arrival lounge for J flights PER-east coast (not 100% sure of that)
From https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...-benefits.html
ΩΩ Lounge access eligibility is based on a customer's class of travel, Qantas Club membership, Qantas Frequent Flyer or oneworld membership tier, or partner airline benefit. Access to Qantas lounges is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Club.
Arrivals: Platinum and Platinum One Qantas Frequent Flyer members may access Qantas Domestic Business or Qantas Club lounges upon arrival, if you have travelled that day on any flight with a Qantas (QF), Jetstar (JQ, 3K or GK), Emirates (EK), China Eastern (MU) or a oneworld member airline marketed and operated flight number on your ticket.
Departures: Eligible customers may access a Qantas Club lounge when their next onward flight on the same day is with a Qantas (QF) or Jetstar (JQ, 3K or GK) flight number on their ticket. Eligible customers who are travelling in Business or First, are Platinum, Platinum One Qantas Frequent Flyers or oneworld Emerald membership tiers, may access Qantas Domestic Business lounges. Partner and Associated lounge access is subject to various conditions of entry.
Temporary measures have been put in place such as lounge capacity restrictions, physical distancing requirements, changes to our food and beverage service offerings, and lounge operating hours. Qantas International First, International Business, Partner and Associated lounge access remains closed until further notice. Please be advised that lounges are subject to capacity at the time of your visit and remember to check our airport service changes page for the most up-to-date information on lounge openings and updates.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 8, 2022 at 5:37 pm
Old Mar 9, 2022, 7:39 am
TBD
Original Poster

This would be MEL. Domestic flight arrival. Economy class, but platinum QF status.

Thanks for confirming the above policy, though. Any idea if this is still in effect today? The real reason I'm asking here is that I heard Qantas stopped allowing arriving (domestic) pax access "due to covid". The QF website is pretty vague, though, only saying that capacity controls may be in effect.

Last edited by TBD; Mar 9, 2022 at 7:44 am
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
TBD Platinum domestic Lounge access for arrivals has been back in force for just over a year.
TBD likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Gosh the rules and regulations results in the will just to give up!! If as one world Emerald can you access on arrival? I could not see anything....but would be interested know...
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: QF, LM
"On arrival access" is in my humble opinion something that just does not compute - in normal travel. If stuck in transit, lounge access is a nice thing - for a snack, for a drink, for wifi, whatever. But who actually wants to linger in an airport upon arrival at their final destination? I think I accessed an "upon-arrival" lounge once, many years ago. Can't even remember why. But I get that the OP desires to. Shame on Qantas for making any perk be so hard to decipher... As nivsy says, makes you just want to give up...
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:18 am
TBD
Original Poster

It's because of a business meeting scheduled uncomfortably close to landing time.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:01 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by juddles
"On arrival access" is in my humble opinion something that just does not compute - in normal travel. If stuck in transit, lounge access is a nice thing - for a snack, for a drink, for wifi, whatever. But who actually wants to linger in an airport upon arrival at their final destination? I think I accessed an "upon-arrival" lounge once, many years ago. Can't even remember why. But I get that the OP desires to. Shame on Qantas for making any perk be so hard to decipher... As nivsy says, makes you just want to give up...
Lets say - if its late, you’ve been away for a while, you know there’s nothing in the fridge at home and you’re in no mood to go out to eat and so on. Its not because of the brilliance of the food in the lounge.
juddles likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nivsy
Gosh the rules and regulations results in the will just to give up!! If as one world Emerald can you access on arrival? I could not see anything....but would be interested know...
The rules are specifically for "Platinum and Platinum One Qantas Frequent Flyer members" Not OW equivalents.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Arrival is quite good after an early flight (say where are not too many options) where you are say still to early in your destination and can pick up a raisin toast or a toastie and be on your way after sending a couple of emails. Not everyone is MEL/SYD...
Old Mar 14, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Or perhaps you arrive to a city and it's not quite check-in time at the hotel. Can sit and grab a coffee and do some emails, etc before heading into the city.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:46 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Dom arrival lounge access is a fantastic WP benefit and one reason I've kept QF status despite the struggle to do so these days. It will never be a Oneworld benefit, QF realizes it is a very cheap extra value it can offer as few use it. Its great for charging phone upon arrival and if on the 6am flight to shower/shave/dress at the destination. Now if only they added a lifetime WP tier.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:26 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by number_6
Now if only they added a lifetime WP tier.
Do you mean a more attainable lifetime WP level. 75k SCs is impossible for many.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:00 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by number_6
…Now if only they added a lifetime WP tier.
May as well call Life WP as “cat level”. Cats have 9 lives and that’s about what it would take most punters to attain it.
Koru Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.