Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

When are LAX and LHR QF lounges scheduled to reopen?

When are LAX and LHR QF lounges scheduled to reopen?

Old Apr 9, 22, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Was in LAX 3 days ago. Asked at the QF/OW business lounge to one of the QF staff about the F lounge. He said they were told March, then April but it's passed so they don't have a date to share. He did say the decision was with management and no other updates yet
Old Apr 20, 22, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Still shut just now. Sign on the doors directing people to the International lounge next door.
Old Apr 28, 22, 1:46 am

Programs: Qantas
I have a QF F into LAX on Monday and hope it will be open.. I am connecting onto Delta and may not have or be able to access anyway but will certainly have a look. Also have a QF F out of LAX on Friday 13th which I will have access (if it's open)
Old May 1, 22, 4:24 pm

Hi guys - anyone have an update on the LAX first lounge reopening?
cheers!
Old May 3, 22, 5:55 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA Lifetime Gold
I went through LAX at the weekend on my way to London and was speaking to what appeared to be a well informed manager. Their take was that Qantas are struggling to find high enough caliber chefs to employ. Best estimates are now late June, as they won't open it unless they can start with the high quality that they are known for in that First lounge.
estnet and Ausengineer like this.
Old May 3, 22, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CTV View Post
I went through LAX at the weekend on my way to London and was speaking to what appeared to be a well informed manager. Their take was that Qantas are struggling to find high enough caliber chefs to employ. Best estimates are now late June, as they won't open it unless they can start with the high quality that they are known for in that First lounge.
QF lounges are subcontracted to Accor. So employment of chefs nothing to do with QF

Apr 2021 -->QANTAS SAYS BONJOUR TO ACCOR; RE-OPENS INTERNATIONAL LOUNGES
Qantas and Accor have announced a new seven-year agreement for the world-leading hospitality group to continue management of Qantas lounges in Australia and overseas.The new agreement is an extension of the 14-year partnership with Accor, with their team of hospitality professionals providing Qantas customers with world-class service across the airline’s network of domestic and international lounges.
Old May 4, 22, 5:25 am

I didn't realize the LAX lounge wasn't open yet. I just exchanged a June Business Award for First. Was looking forward to the Lounge. 🤨
Old May 5, 22, 2:48 am

I’m flying through on 28 May when I really need it - will update group here if it helps!

in any case please let me know if it opens before then!
Old May 5, 22, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Ausengineer View Post
I’m flying through on 28 May when I really need it - will update group here if it helps!

in any case please let me know if it opens before then!
If your travel would provide access to the Qantas First lounge at LAX id open, then you generally would also have access to the AA Flagship lounge at T4.

Certainly better than AC's.
Old Jun 6, 22, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold

Qantas First lounge at LAX still closed as of today (6th June)
Old Jun 6, 22, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by toolio2000 View Post
Qantas First lounge at LAX still closed as of today (6th June)
I just walked by there an hour after you!

The Sofitel crew in the business lounge still had no pending opening date
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Hope this opens by July 1st. The lounge was my favorite OW Emerald benifit
​​​​​​
jona970318 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 5:02 am

Programs: QF P1 SQ PPS
The F fares on Qantas are astronomical
And yes, I understand the AJ hyper focus on the "bottom line" $ goal at the expense of the hard and soft product
What is interesting is that F passengers from LAX to SYD are not offered a departure experience to compensate for the lounge closure - not even a miserly gesture of acknowledgement and goodwill (like the well-intentioned but partially successful F area in the SilverKris Lounge before The Private Room opened)
An opportunity missed to display business ethics and empathy
And the dreadful Neil Perry green salad (the same in J and F) will continue to epitomise poor product differentiation in the food department between F and J, although the wine list has been a saving grace
Lift your game Qantas and make F comparable to AF, EK, SQ, LH, JL, NH and LX!!
Old Jun 8, 22, 7:42 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ianassum View Post
The F fares on Qantas are astronomical
And yes, I understand the AJ hyper focus on the "bottom line" $ goal at the expense of the hard and soft product
What is interesting is that F passengers from LAX to SYD are not offered a departure experience to compensate for the lounge closure - not even a miserly gesture of acknowledgement and goodwill (like the well-intentioned but partially successful F area in the SilverKris Lounge before The Private Room opened)
An opportunity missed to display business ethics and empathy
And the dreadful Neil Perry green salad (the same in J and F) will continue to epitomise poor product differentiation in the food department between F and J, although the wine list has been a saving grace
Lift your game Qantas and make F comparable to AF, EK, SQ, LH, JL, NH and LX!!
If the F fares are astronomical, they either don't want you to buy F or aren't having any trouble selling F tickets at astronomical prices. I'm not sure that the difference in an upgraded salad amounts to business ethics and empathy, but QF doesn't need to compare to AF, LH, LX, etc, because they're not direct competitors to Australia.
Old Jun 15, 22, 1:37 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
Any update on when QF F LAX opens … I think I read 21 June somewhere?

separately, where should a one world emerald go? Morning QF departure … flagship lounge in T4 or the OW J lounge?

Search this Thread