Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

When are LAX and LHR QF lounges scheduled to reopen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When are LAX and LHR QF lounges scheduled to reopen?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: QF, LM
Originally Posted by nivsy
Found this...refers to One World Business class pax at SYD. https://www.australianfrequentflyer....usiness-class/

I think OW Emerald is ok....🤔
Exactly. Nothing has changed as far as access. The change is that Qantas does not have a business lounge open. I do truly feel for those that want a lounge for their J thing, but Qantas simply does not have a J lounge open. The same thing is true throughout the world - many many lounges are closed.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: QF, LM
Additional comment, as someone who has lived in the SYD Flounge and J lounge for many many years.... the Flounge was great, is great. Nice food and a very decent place to be. The J lounge though, in my experience, was always overcrowded and almost a zoo. I just seem to agree that if these days QF suddenly let it open to the hordes of J travellers, it would become a lesser experience for all. It is simply not suited for an influx of pax. The J lounge managed through self-serve buffets and and self-pour drinks. The Flounge is entirely not this. It tries to maintain order with bar service and a-la-carte food. I agree with QF completely in not destroying the Flounge to accomodate J travellers.
SNA_Flyer and Princess fiona like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by nivsy
Found this...refers to One World Business class pax at SYD. https://www.australianfrequentflyer....usiness-class/

I think OW Emerald is ok....🤔
Emerald indeed is ok.

At LAX, the "oneworld Business Lounge" is being used- I was there last week and a BA flight was called. Non USA oneworld First, Business, Emerald and Sapphire are being admitted.

The AFF article refer to MEL and SYD where Qantas is using the First lounges there, keeping the international business lounges closed. (The issue indicated in the article is that non QF Business class PAX are not being admitted to the Qantas First lounges which is correct under oneworld rules)
Princess fiona likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:53 am

Looks like A380 to LAX starts March 5th and QF selling F on the route starts March 27th/28th. Any updates anywhere around the LAX F lounge opening in March?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by 747kona
Looks like A380 to LAX starts March 5th and QF selling F on the route starts March 27th/28th. Any updates anywhere around the LAX F lounge opening in March?
there's still a sign on it today saying temporarily closed and directing passengers to the J lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm passing through LAX a couple of times mid-April, so hopefully the QF F lounge is open then.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Flying QF F April 8th will report SYD-LAX.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
The Qantas site say lax F lounge is open - but the above reports suggest it's not. Anyone been there recently? I'll be going through in two weeks
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by estnet
The Qantas site say lax F lounge is open - but the above reports suggest it's not. Anyone been there recently? I'll be going through in two weeks
Mind sharing where you see that, as the webpage for the LAX F lounge clearly says it's closed.

https://www.qantas.com/us/en/qantas-...st-lounge.html

Our lounge will remain closed until further notice. See which lounges are open at Temporary inflight and airport service changes.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by work2fly
Mind sharing where you see that, as the webpage for the LAX F lounge clearly says it's closed.

https://www.qantas.com/us/en/qantas-...st-lounge.html
Sorry I misread it says Business lounge saw LAX and missed the business part:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/coronav...iness%20Lounge.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:00 pm

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...-class-lounges

Tully tells Executive Traveller the Qantas First Lounge at LAX will roll out the welcome mat “as soon as possible” in the weeks after March 27, while the Singapore First Lounge will open on June 19, the same day the A380 resumes flying from Sydney to London via Singapore.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Reports on the AA forum that the covers are off the furniture, the bar is stocked, and the flight monitors turned on in the LAX QF F lounge. I think we're getting close...
jrfsp320 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
Reports on the AA forum that the covers are off the furniture, the bar is stocked, and the flight monitors turned on in the LAX QF F lounge. I think we're getting close...
QF are selling first for LAX-SYD for flights from Monday 28 March. First not for sale before that date
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Didn't QF announce F lounges in AU were open as usual form 27 March, that would make sense that the other end such as LAX would open on 28th?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:32 am

This looks new but maybe looks like a typo? The LAX biz (OW) lounge is already open. Do they mean the F lounge is opening on the 30th?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.