Wiki Posts
Search

is Qantas now dumping seats to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

is Qantas now dumping seats to LAX

just saw a posting on another forum saying fly late December to LAX from $1199 return & early January from $999 return. Are they dumping some seats to get attention, ie free advertising or are they resigned now, that it's November next week & many who would normally fly to USA or Canada via USA have already booked their summer holidays somewhere else like in Australia like at Gold Coast or for Victorians the Sunshine Coast.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happening
....already booked their summer holidays somewhere else like in Australia like at Gold Coast or for Victorians the Sunshine Coast.
Not likley for QLD as they don't want us southerners to cross the state border (QLD border effectively shut)
Fiji is selling well, at the expense of QLD.
Qantas (and all other airlines) want/need cash $$$$

Competition is increasing
(ExecTrav)-->Hawaiian Airlines resume flights to Australia
Hawaiian Airlines will join the growing list of airlines returning to Australian skies as borders reopen and travel restrictions are removed.

After an 18 month absence since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, the US carrier says it will restart flights to Sydney on December 15 – although Brisbane remains on hold, due to uncertainty over when Queensland will allow international travel without quarantine.

But there's no such issue for Sydney or the USA, provided of course that passengers are fully-vaccinated.
<snip>

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 24, 2021 at 6:25 pm
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Not likley for QLD as they don't want us southerners to cross the state border (QLD border effectively shut)
Fiji is selling well, at the expense of QLD.
Qantas (and all other airlines) want/need cash $$$$

Competition is increasing
(ExecTrav)-->Hawaiian Airlines resume flights to Australia
Read that Qld is around 75% had 1st shot, so they need another 5%, assuming almost all who've had 1st shot will have 2nd shot 3 to 4 weeks later.

Qld premier will look very silly next Monday, when Australians start flying out of SYD & MEL internationally.

Think she come out in a week or so & say, to queenslanders, you've all been so good, I'm opening international borders in line with southern states.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happening
Read that Qld is around 75% had 1st shot, so they need another 5%, assuming almost all who've had 1st shot will have 2nd shot 3 to 4 weeks later.

Qld premier will look very silly next Monday, when Australians start flying out of SYD & MEL internationally.

Think she come out in a week or so & say, to Queenslanders, you've all been so good, I'm opening international borders in line with southern states.
Tell us something we didn't know for the last ~ 12 months(same for WA)
For example the cross border restrictions, over the Tweed, where people operate as 1 community were silly. At one time the QLD border was slammed shut due to NSW outbreak. But at the same time were cases in SE Qld. If they did what she said for NSW, SE QLD would have been locked shut, with police roadblocks. But that was before the 31 Oct 2020 state election, so that was not going to happen.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Looks like dumping cheap seats.

But not J awards (or F awards, since I don't see 380s on the schedule yet?)
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by shuuy
Looks like dumping cheap seats.

But not J awards (or F awards, since I don't see 380s on the schedule yet?)
The A380's are there - and F awards US-AU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.