Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelation fees?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Cancelation fees?

If I book an EK flight for July to SEZ from the USA using QF points, what are my options for canceling or changing dates should it come to it? What would the fees be, if any? Tia
Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
If I book an EK flight for July to SEZ from the USA using QF points, what are my options for canceling or changing dates should it come to it? What would the fees be, if any? Tia
Big difference if a change is due to the airline or you making a change (for any reason)

Look at the QF web site
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-...d-refunds.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 28, 2021 at 3:30 pm
Old Mar 28, 2021, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

So if I am reading that link correctly, if I book prior to April 30 of this year, i can cancel for any (or no) reason without having to pay any cancellation fees (assuming I book a classic reward, which is what an EK flight USA-SEZ would be, if I am not mistaken?)
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
So if I am reading that link correctly, if I book prior to April 30 of this year, i can cancel for any (or no) reason without having to pay any cancellation fees (assuming I book a classic reward, which is what an EK flight USA-SEZ would be, if I am not mistaken?)
That is not what the website at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...t-rewards.html says

Originally Posted by Qantas
When you use Qantas Points to book a Classic Flight Reward seat on any Qantas or Jetstar flight, you'll be able to change the date or cancel your booking, free of charge until 28 February 2022.^ That's for Classic Reward bookings for travel up to a year away.
Travel on Emirates would not be covered by this. The Qantas T&Cs however at https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...l#fee-schedule

does state though

Originally Posted by Qantas
Cancellation Refund Fee
For changes made up to and including 28 February 2022: The change fee will be waived.
For changes made on and from 1 March 2022: Fee: 6,000 Qantas Points per passenger.
It is referencing changes in the section, but is under cancellation. You could call Qantas and ask - or just keep copy of webpage and raise it if you do need to cancel - worst case is being out 6000 points
Mwenenzi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.