Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

“Online Check is not available for this flight”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL For Life: Hilton Diamond: IHG Platinum

Hi all

My wife and I are flying Melbourne - Sydney - Ballina / Byron tomorrow on a ticket booked with BA Avios.

We are both One World Emerald.

Just tried to check in Online both via the QF App and the website and got the above message.

Not an issue for me but just wondered if anyone could shed any light on possible reason?

This is actually the first flight I have taken in the Covid era so if this is normal then I am fine with that!

Equally if people think it is odd I’d like to know in case I need to do anything.

I did wonder if an aircraft change for the SYD - BNK might be on the cards and thus the reason - the return leg (seperate booking) has been moved back to a Dash 800 from a 737 and wonders if they might be contemplating a change for the outward?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:03 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Could be exit row seating or a Dash8 (as you mentioned).
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
Could be exit row seating or a Dash8 (as you mentioned).
Haven’t got exit row so aircraft change maybe.
Doubtless all will become clear but was just keen to tap the collective wisdom in case anyone felt there was something amiss.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 10:13 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelswithmybriefcase
Haven’t got exit row so aircraft change maybe.
Doubtless all will become clear but was just keen to tap the collective wisdom in case anyone felt there was something amiss.
Hopefully others who have travelled in the last year may be able to add comments.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:34 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Have you had a schedule change at all? It sounds like BA hasn't updated the ticket.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

So as we suspected was down to the schedule change and the Service Desk at the airport just needed to revalidate the ticket.

I actually spoke with QF on the phone yesterday evening and the agent on the phone said there wasn’t anything that he could do over the phone but there was no issue with the booking.

Also checked with BA and they had reissued the ticket when the schedule changed so was just “one of those things”.

Did make me think that once manned Service Desks are eliminated / severely reduced as per the QF announcement a few months ago how would something like this be resolved?

All very well saying, as QF Management did when they made the announcement, that it would all be dealt with via the App etc.

But given the neither the App, nor the website, nor the Self Service terminals at the airport couldn’t resolve this issue it does rather support the view that sometime you need a human involved...

Thanks to all for your input
Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelswithmybriefcase

Did make me think that once manned Service Desks are eliminated / severely reduced as per the QF announcement a few months ago how would something like this be resolved?

All very well saying, as QF Management did when they made the announcement, that it would all be dealt with via the App etc.

But given the neither the App, nor the website, nor the Self Service terminals at the airport couldn’t resolve this issue it does rather support the view that sometime you need a human involved...
Probably no traction from management until they are personally affected by this “enhancement”.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Something basic like revalidating a ticket may be something that can be done by agents at check in should there be no service desks in the future

I would expect that airports would maintain some staff with capability to action such tasks even if there isn't a dedicated counter at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.