QF Status Match

Old Nov 27, 20, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP
QF Status Match

A very sensible move to further snap the corporate market up, unfortunately it might mean more crowded lounges and poorer service if they get to 80% of the market.

Front page advert on the AFR.

Old Nov 27, 20, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Qantas Newsroom -->Qantas Status Fast Track
For a limited time we're offering eligible members the chance to move their airline frequent flyer status to Qantas by providing a tier taster that could help them fast track to Qantas Gold.If you are already one of our loyal Frequent Flyers and hold Qantas status, find out more about the additional support we are providing.

Qantas Fast Track allows eligible members to experience a 90 day tier taster which includes Qantas Club Membership, providing lounge access and an extra checked baggage allowance. During this time, if the member earns just 100 status credits over the 90 days, they will be fast tracked to Gold status.

How to qualify:<snip>

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 28, 20 at 2:31 am
Old Dec 6, 20, 10:10 pm

Programs: QF WP LTS, HHonors Diamond, VA NP
And now in response, VA offer Discover Gold.

Matched to Velocity Gold for a 3-month trial, with retention achieved by earning 80 Status Credits by flying least one eligible sectorduring that trial period.

... don't think I'll bother ...

Regards,

BD
Old Dec 26, 20, 2:04 pm

Programs: QF, CoUniHound Refugee
Decided to take QF up on the offer given I am not a United Premier refugee due to this COVID nonsense (and their switch from MilagePlus to DollarsPlus). Given I'm based in Sydney and Sydneysiders will be up against border restrictions for the next month easily, I've opted to start the challenge on March 31, 2021, since by then I suspect most borders will be open (fingers crossed) and I can manage a cheap run to DRW or PER to get the requisite status credits.

One question I do have for the community is how long the status is matched until? The status match site is somewhat vague in saying at least 1 full year. My anniversary is November 30, 2021 so I'm guessing I'd have status through November 30, 2022? If so, does that mean that I'll then just need to rack up 600 status credits between Dec 1, 2021 and Nov 31, 2022 to retain Gold status?

Again, apologies for the many questions, I'm trying to get accustomed to this new program and learn the ins and outs.

Cheers,

Your Trusty KangarooFlyer

Search this Thread
Search Engine: