Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas 12 month status extension with one flight

Qantas 12 month status extension with one flight

Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:18 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by NZJuniorDoc
Updated back to platinum today. No news from QFF though
Yes, same for me - back to Gold for another year. Good news, though I expect the next 12 months to be as bad as the last 12 travel wise.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: QF WP
Forgive both my ignorance and my bumping of this thread

I have finally booked flights (to Norfolk Island no less)

status year is due September
-have 600 SC gifted
-earn 300ish from Norfolk trip
-booked on inaugural JQ Canberra flight in September, will need to position from Darwin prior so looking at around another 100 status credits by “year end” (at this stage)

i gather
-straight up 1 year status extension on the basis of having booked and travelled x1 QF flight before end of status year
-did I hear a rumour that points earned will be rolled over into next year?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by nancypants
Forgive both my ignorance and my bumping of this thread

I have finally booked flights (to Norfolk Island no less)

status year is due September
-have 600 SC gifted
-earn 300ish from Norfolk trip
-booked on inaugural JQ Canberra flight in September, will need to position from Darwin prior so looking at around another 100 status credits by “year end” (at this stage)

i gather
-straight up 1 year status extension on the basis of having booked and travelled x1 QF flight before end of status year
-did I hear a rumour that points earned will be rolled over into next year?
Roughly 40% of your non-gifted status credits (not points) will rollover into your new membership year. As a Platinum, you can rollover up to 500 SCs so if you finish your membership year with 1100 SCs, you'll start your new year with 500. If you end your membership year with 1325, you'll start your new year with 500. The SC rollover benefit (up to 100) for Points Club Plus members is separate an in addition to the above.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:22 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by danger
Roughly 40% of your non-gifted status credits (not points) will rollover into your new membership year. As a Platinum, you can rollover up to 500 SCs so if you finish your membership year with 1100 SCs, you'll start your new year with 500. If you end your membership year with 1325, you'll start your new year with 500. The SC rollover benefit (up to 100) for Points Club Plus members is separate an in addition to the above.
apologies, brain is a bit out of the lingo after all this time! Meant SC not points, points not greatly of interest to me
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: QF
I wonder what the plan is for next membership year, clearly the situation wont be much better.
shillard likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: QantasFF
Four eligible flights

Originally Posted by jrfsp320
I wonder what the plan is for next membership year, clearly the situation wont be much better.
Have any QFF members outside of Australia had any luck getting an exeption from the requirement to earn four eligible QF/JQ flights in addition to the status credits? I'm trying to decide whether to start crediting elsewhere as it feels like Europe to Aus travel might be restricted for some time. I've made a dent in QFF lifetime status and don't want to start again with BAEC (or anyone else).
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:33 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by nancypants
apologies, brain is a bit out of the lingo after all this time! Meant SC not points, points not greatly of interest to me
FWIW, I was just given WP extension to this time next year. This was after 3 paid domestic flights and lots of award flights. I was gifted 700 SCs and finished with 730 SCs. 30 SCs were rolled over to the new membership year.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by madeupname3
Have any QFF members outside of Australia had any luck getting an exeption from the requirement to earn four eligible QF/JQ flights in addition to the status credits? I'm trying to decide whether to start crediting elsewhere as it feels like Europe to Aus travel might be restricted for some time. I've made a dent in QFF lifetime status and don't want to start again with BAEC (or anyone else).
If you are a non-AU/NZ member, you should have received a status extension with out meeting the flight requirements if you met the following terms: https://www.qantas.com/us/en/frequen...atus-extension

However, I met those terms, and my membership year ends on 31 July. I was not extended. I submitted an inquiry to find out what is going on.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Update: After emailing them they fixed it. I am good for another year.

As it looks like Fortress Australia / Hermit Fiefdom / Head-In-The-Sand mode will continue for at least another year, I would hope Qantas offers a new scheme to extend status, especially for those of us who continue to be exiled.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Im just about to hit Plat (1400) from 2021 flying (NZ Dom). My anniversary is Jan 1st. Does the rollover system just announced mean that if I hit 3600 by Dec 31st 2022 (ie in 2 yerars worth of flying) mean I would get P1?
Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Qantas has extended its status extension for one flight scheme and also rollover of some status credits to the next membership year.

details on their website for your particular reset date.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...r-high-flyers/
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Hector99
Im just about to hit Plat (1400) from 2021 flying (NZ Dom). My anniversary is Jan 1st. Does the rollover system just announced mean that if I hit 3600 by Dec 31st 2022 (ie in 2 yerars worth of flying) mean I would get P1?
Thanks
I don't think so, no. I don't believe you benefit from yesterday's announcement if you qualify on your own merit.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I do not think this announcement will be the last...
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Trying but failing to understand what the extension situation is for those of us residing outside AU. I was sure there was to be an automatic extension again but I can't find any documentation. Looked here but nothing I can see.. https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...s-support.html

My status expires at the end of January so I'm starting to get stressed about it, especially since QF still seem uncontactable to confirm. I have booked and flown QF metal in the last quarter of last year so am I safe regardless of where I reside?

Confused.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QueEff
Trying but failing to understand what the extension situation is for those of us residing outside AU. I was sure there was to be an automatic extension again but I can't find any documentation. Looked here but nothing I can see.. https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...s-support.html

My status expires at the end of January so I'm starting to get stressed about it, especially since QF still seem uncontactable to confirm. I have booked and flown QF metal in the last quarter of last year so am I safe regardless of where I reside?

Confused.
You need to refer to the page on the US site

https://www.qantas.com/us/en/frequen...s-support.html

We have extended our status support to eligible Qantas Frequent Flyers who reside outside of Australia or New Zealand and are unable to achieve the Status Credits needed to retain their status, to receive a 12 month status extension to include members with a status end date between March 2021 and June 2022 (inclusive).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.