Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Cuts to Qantas Points, status credits on M class economy. More points to upgrade.

Cuts to Qantas Points, status credits on M class economy. More points to upgrade.

Old Oct 19, 20, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...hikes-upgrades

I couldn't find a Qantas press release yet, but seems travel agents were informed In a memo distributed to travel agents, Qantas says the rejig “better reflects changed market conditions as the airline delivers on its three year recovery plan.”

Flexible Economy reduces status credits in half.
I.e. Sydney to Melbourne used to be 20 status credits, will be 10 from 4th November.
Old Oct 19, 20, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To put it more succintly. for sales from November 4, M will move to Red-e-deal rather than Flex and earn as Red-e-deal

There is no change to points earning / upgrade costs in relation to the QFF scheme - the cost to upgrade from a red-e-deal will remain the same and the earnings for red-e-deals will remain the same

Nothing more than a recategorising a booking class

Anyone booking flex tickets , will still have exactly the same earnings and upgrade costs as before

The statement

I.e. (sic) Sydney to Melbourne used to be 20 status credits, will be 10 from 4th November.

is not true

The details are at https://www.qantas.com/agencyconnect...structure.html

Last edited by Dave Noble; Oct 19, 20 at 7:55 pm
Old Oct 20, 20, 10:48 pm

Programs: LeClub AccorHotels / Accor Plus (Platinum), Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by richplatt View Post
I.e. Sydney to Melbourne used to be 20 status credits, will be 10 from 4th November.
It's one fare class being changed, not the status earn of everything flexible economy.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Oct 21, 20 at 5:30 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: