Sydney Domestic Lounges

Old Oct 18, 20, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold
Sydney Domestic Lounges

I am Qantas Gold. Flying to Adelaide from Sydney.
Am I correct that the Qantas Club lounge (Gold eligible) is completely shut? The only lounge open is the Qantas Business (Platinum eligible).
Old Oct 18, 20, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richplatt View Post
I am Qantas Gold. Flying to Adelaide from Sydney.
Am I correct that the Qantas Club lounge (Gold eligible) is completely shut? The only lounge open is the Qantas Business (Platinum eligible).

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-...o-lounges.html

Eligibility requirements
Lounge access eligibility conditions apply, however there's some new temporary measures in place.
  • If a Qantas Club lounge is closed and a Business lounge is open in that same airport, you’ll be able to access the Business lounge if capacity limits haven’t been met.
  • If you’d like to bring guests into the lounge as per your membership benefits, you must all be travelling on the same Qantas flight.
richplatt likes this.
Old Nov 16, 20, 5:38 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
So what is the current situation at SYD domestic? Is the Qantas Club itself open yet or are all lounge-eligible pax still directed to the business lounge?

I'll be taking my first flight in 10 months on Sat 28/11 and am curious to know what awaits me at the airport...
Old Nov 17, 20, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mad_atta View Post
So what is the current situation at SYD domestic? Is the Qantas Club itself open yet or are all lounge-eligible pax still directed to the business lounge?

I'll be taking my first flight in 10 months on Sat 28/11 and am curious to know what awaits me at the airport...
Same as above, the Domestic Business Lounge is open for all eligible passengers and the Qantas Club is closed.
mad_atta likes this.
Old Nov 17, 20, 2:29 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold

Just scraped in for using the business lounge. For travel from 2 Dec, both the Qantas Club and the Business Lounge will be open:

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...irport-lounges
mad_atta likes this.
Old Nov 17, 20, 6:15 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Thanks for replies. Haven't been in that particular lounge in a very long time. Hopefully not too crowded on a Saturday morning.
Old Nov 17, 20, 11:25 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Thanks for replies. Haven't been in that particular lounge in a very long time. Hopefully not too crowded on a Saturday morning.
My last visit to the SYD Business Lounge on a Saturday morning was about a year ago. I recall it was crowded with holiday people and thousands upon thousands of kids all over the place (slight exaggeration ..) There were a few connecting pax off international arrivals looking close to dead - they monopolised maximum real estate much to the annoyance of others (but that isn't an issue ATM).
Old Dec 11, 20, 4:48 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
In the past week I flew SYD-BNE-NTL then NTL-BNE-NTL.

SYD QF Pub and Business Lounges open. Still the stupid assisted service model and you have to wait in a line longer than the one to the UH-1s during the fall of Saigon to get a cup of tea.

BNE QF Pub and Business Lounges open. Premium lounge security screening wasn't open on my first trip, it was open yesterday morning as I flew out of BNE.

Great to have QF operating the 717s on the BNE-NTL run too.
Old Dec 11, 20, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

description of complying wirh covid restrictions and stupid don't seem to go together other than to be another inflamatory remark
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Dec 13, 20, 7:04 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
description of complying wirh covid restrictions and stupid don't seem to go together other than to be another inflamatory remark

Nah, I'm pretty confident that anything pretending to be a commercial operation that provides a rubbish customer experience is stupid.

It's not a massive task to comply with whatever COVID-related malarkey you like whilst also ensuring that people don't line up for a cup of tea in a queue reminiscent of World Expo pavilions in the 1980s. Cafes and restaurants seem to manage somehow.
Old Dec 13, 20, 9:44 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Are Premium security lanes operating?
Old Dec 15, 20, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
Are Premium security lanes operating?
That's a "YES" for both SYD and BNE.

Only the main security checkpoint open at SYD T3 though - the smaller one to the West was closed.
Old Dec 15, 20, 9:08 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shillard View Post
That's a "YES" for both SYD and BNE.

Only the main security checkpoint open at SYD T3 though - the smaller one to the West was closed.
Thank you, Sir!
Old Dec 16, 20, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
Thank you, Sir!
I am a river to my people!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: