Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas will suspend overseas travel until [December] 2021

Qantas will suspend overseas travel until [December] 2021

Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Looks like a false start for regular tourists. I won't have a special visa, just USA passport and regular eta.... Was hoping to get to Sydney. Got my hopes up...😔
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

off topic

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Looks like a false start for regular tourists. I won't have a special visa, just USA passport and regular eta.... Was hoping to get to Sydney. Got my hopes up...😔
My reading is AU will be open to general travel. "Special visa" not needed.
Questions like this better asked in the AU CV19 thread.-->Australia’s response to Covid-19 [general border control thread]
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:10 pm

Sydney

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Just as I am hoping to get to New Orleans for Jazzfest we, Sydney at least, are happy to welcome you. No special visas just a passport and a smile
21st February the rusty lock is opened

Last edited by Freespirit1; Feb 7, 2022 at 3:11 pm Reason: In
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As expected given the WA Govt response. Will WA fully open in June 2022?
15 Feb 2022 (abc.net.au)--->Qantas to continue its Darwin to London service until June as WA border remains closed
Key points:
  • Territorians will be able to fly directly from Darwin to London until at least June
  • Up to 200 jobs are expected to be created when Qantas sets up its new Embraer 190 base in Darwin this year
  • Australia is due to reopen its borders to international travellers from February 21
Qantas will continue to run direct daily flights between Darwin and London until at least the end of June amid ongoing uncertainty about the reopening of the border to Western Australia.

The route from Darwin to London was established in November last year when international travel resumed but WA remained closed, eliminating the airline's Perth to London service. Qantas was due to resume flights from Perth to London in April, but the WA government has still not confirmed when it will reopen its borders. Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said the extension of its "kangaroo route" to London via Darwin gave the Top End time to "properly leverage" the reopening of Australia's borders to tourists. "It's a great opportunity to encourage thousands of visitors to stop off in Darwin to see what the NT has to offer," he said.
<snip>
Qantas will continue to operate the Sydney to London flight via Darwin instead of through Singapore until June. In a statement the airline said testing requirements in Singapore were also a factor in the decision to maintain the Darwin connection instead. The airline currently operates daily flights from both Melbourne and Sydney to London via Darwin on its 787 Dreamliner.
<snip>
Freespirit1 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF routes expanding. Was know about yesterday of DFW airport tweet and blogs

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media-releases/
BIGGER THAN TEXAS – FLYING KANGAROO DOUBLES DOWN ON FLIGHTS FROM MELBOURNE TO THE US
  • New direct route connecting Melbourne and Dallas Fort Worth for the first time
  • Doubling of flights between Melbourne and Los Angeles
  • Qantas A380s to return to Melbourne
  • Melbourne International Business Lounge reopens
Melbourne’s post-COVID tourism recovery is set to accelerate with Qantas launching a new direct route from Dallas Fort Worth and significantly increasing flights from Los Angeles. From 2 December 2022, the national carrier will operate four weekly return flights between Melbourne and major US hub, Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), with its Boeing 787 Dreamliners. These are the first direct flights by any airline between the two cities and follows the success of Qantas’ longstanding Sydney-Dallas Fort Worth route.
<snip>
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Has the Qantas International Busines Lounge in Melbourne re-opened?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Dan72
Has the Qantas International Busines Lounge in Melbourne re-opened?
Yes
Inflight and airport services (qantas.com)
Dan72 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.