Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QFF card now available for Apple Wallet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red

I logged into my account today on desktop to search for availability I was pondering for a future trip, and noticed that there was a link on the front page of my account that said "Add card to wallet". Basically, you have to log into the mobile site on your iPhone and add it to wallet from there. Does NOT work via the app AFAIK.
Old May 31, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
About time!
Old May 31, 2020, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
About time!
Yep, it amazes me how many carriers still haven't implemented it. Why BA still hasn't done anything despite IB allowing it is beyond me.
Old May 31, 2020, 6:39 pm

The functionality has been there for some time already. It's not very well implemented though, the card that gets added to Wallet is just a generic one with your membership number and barcode, no status or expiry date details so not helpful for example with lounge access. You'd be better off using the card from within the QF app.
Old May 31, 2020, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Yep, it amazes me how many carriers still haven't implemented it. Why BA still hasn't done anything despite IB allowing it is beyond me.
I was under the impression that BA's mobile application holds details of card status. Why would it have much of a reason to start applying it to 3rd parties?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by eminere
The functionality has been there for some time already. It's not very well implemented though, the card that gets added to Wallet is just a generic one with your membership number and barcode, no status or expiry date details so not helpful for example with lounge access.
Having the expiration date on the card doesn't matter. They scan the FF# and the computer determines wether it's valid or not.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I was under the impression that BA's mobile application holds details of card status. Why would it have much of a reason to start applying it to 3rd parties?
Wallet is a heck of a lot quicker to access than the app. It's why they support it for boarding passes.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Having the expiration date on the card doesn't matter. They scan the FF# and the computer determines wether it's valid or not.
Wallet is a heck of a lot quicker to access than the app. It's why they support it for boarding passes.
Not only this, but also that I can add boarding passes via text and have them automatically convert them into Wallet and add the FF card and then deleting the app.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:02 am

Yes. I suppose you could also simply inform staff of your frequent flyer number and they can look it up in the system. But the point is, the implementation in Wallet could've been more elegant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.