Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Lowest US Business Class flight price from Australia

Old May 22, 20, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP Gold

Hi All,

What is the lowest price people have seen for a return trip from the east coast (generally Sydney) to LAX/DFW return in Business Class?

$8000-9000 return just seems ridiculous, what are their sale prices? Do they ever come down to the $6000 mark at all?

Cheers all
Old May 22, 20, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYDTG747 View Post
What is the lowest price people have seen for a return trip from the east coast (generally Sydney) to LAX/DFW return in Business Class?

$8000-9000 return just seems ridiculous, what are their sale prices? Do they ever come down to the $6000 mark at all?
QF business class fares do not vary much. No need, as they had a captive corporate market for many seats (pre covid-19)
QF economy fares have a much wider % variation. PE some % variation. Business class has little % variation. First class has very little % variation.

Pre Covid-19 other airlines flew Australia<----->USA. QF, AA, UA, DL, VA and HA. Also FJ and NZ via there home airports (with competitive fares)
Post Covid-19 VA & maybe DL are not expected to return. DL are retiring the aircraft they used on the route

Now is not the time to buying flights to the USA. If flights return to the new 2021 normal (what ever that is), prices will reduce in 2021
QF were never that price competitive on the AU USA routes. Look at other airlines.

OP other thread---> Upgrading using points - QF7 SYD-DFW and QF12 LAX-SYD
Old May 22, 20, 9:46 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SYDTG747 View Post

... What is the lowest price people have seen for a return trip from the east coast (generally Sydney) to LAX/DFW return in Business Class? ...

... Do they ever come down to the $6000 mark at all? ....
Less than 4 years ago, I travelled on QF SYD-SFO-SYD in J for $5,000. At least once per year, since, I’ve seen SYD-LAX-SYD for around $6,000.

Have you tried asking on the Australian Frequent Flyer forums?

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....posts/1215476/
Old May 23, 20, 1:42 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
QF only seems to do cheap I class after UA and or DL have a quick fare drop for < 1 week. It takes about 2 days for QF to respond. Then they go back up again nanoseconds after the American carriers raise their prices. You snooze, you lose. But SYD to ORD or NYC on NH can be very competitive. Westbound gives 2 over nighters and a very efficient connex in TYO. NH is about as good as you can get.
Old May 23, 20, 2:39 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
[mod hat] As this is the QF forum please only discuss QF pricing on that route. General pricing recommendations for other airlines should be posted in the appropriate forum [/mod hat],
Old May 23, 20, 6:00 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald. GF Black; Accor Silver; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by og View Post
QF only seems to do cheap I class after UA and or DL have a quick fare drop for < 1 week. It takes about 2 days for QF to respond. Then they go back up again nanoseconds after the American carriers raise their prices. You snooze, you lose. But SYD to ORD or NYC on NH can be very competitive. Westbound gives 2 over nighters and a very efficient connex in TYO. NH is about as good as you can get.
I scored 8K QF fares SYD-DFW-SYD in F(which is all I'd be prepared to pay for QF 'First') a couple of years ago. I recall the J fares were approx 6K at the time. So you never know; as og says you'll have to keep a sharp eye out.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: