Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF Cancels Booking rather than reschedules.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2020, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold

So I have a ISA-BNE-ISA booked for over the next 10 days - only booked last week on the schedule set before the Federal Support announcement. QF just sends through a generic "Qantas Flight Credit Confirmation" email this morning.

Cannot see any reason apart from a schedule change.

Flight is down is still on sale, flight back has been moved from 10:00am departure to 8:15am departure - same day - same codes.....

I have rebooked using the voucher and paying an additional $9! Consider it a donation.

Go figure.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:56 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
QF has always had crack IT systems, which were a bit out of control most of the time. Fewer staff at the helm to correct their idiosyncracies, it seems.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA Gold, HH Diamond
I had to travel urgently to Queensland and QF cancelled all of my flights on the way to the airport last Friday. It turns out a schedule change happened for one leg on 23/4 (ROK - BNE). Instead of contacting me, they just cancelled all of the flights. Thankfully the team at the airport managed to sort it out, though I have to stay 2 extra days. As a long term WP it's the first time I've ever experienced anything like this from Qantas. Usually they contact me either by email or phone. I guess their standard processes and practices have also been disrupted by the current crisis. Definitely give them a call to get it sorted - if you wait too long you may find there are no seats available.

Edit - I forgot to mention, all of my flight legs were still available to book. Only the team at the airport could see the up to date changes. I got sent a travel voucher credit for my various bookings too. Give them a call - chances are one of your re-booked flights isn't available.

Last edited by smiliemonster; Apr 19, 2020 at 10:54 pm
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:06 am

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP
Give them a call OP. I had the same issue and posted about it on Saturday on another forum. They rang me within the day and restored the booking on a rescheduled flight. They’ve told me it was a system issue although my guess is that they cancelled all bookings assuming just about nobody would fly the existing bookings and only rebook those who piped up.

Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Yeah I did call but the hold was long. Whilst on hold I rebooked the same/similar flights at a $7 premium.

I suspect their system isn't able to handle re-booking rescheduled flights at the moment......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.