FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Will QF Relax Status Requalifications (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/2013227-will-qf-relax-status-requalifications.html)

mikalee Mar 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Will QF Relax Status Requalifications

It seems awfully selfish to be worried about this but I wonder where these issue will go in the current state of affairs. I can't recall if QF was generous in the SARS episode.

Although we are in unprecedented times and past conduct isn't a reliable indicator of what will happen over the next few months, has any one got reliable theories/information on what QF will do if any to stop people dropping Status unintentionally? Or do you think this will be a good excuse by QF to reset the numbers on each levels and thin out the Business Lounge!

nancypants Mar 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Useful question. I’ll be 120 short (was initially planned to be 500+ over), and likely being locked down in the NT until past my requalification deadline (October).

Have a horse in the other side of the race as well given that pants is likely to be made redundant and can’t even come live with me because lockdown

moa999 Mar 16, 2020 3:53 pm

All depends on how long this lasts.
Plenty of rumours that international flights will be cut hard today.

number_6 Mar 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by mikalee (Post 32194551)
It seems awfully selfish to be worried about this but I wonder where these issue will go in the current state of affairs. I can't recall if QF was generous in the SARS episode.

QF was not generous during SARS, don't recall any specials or reductions, but they did renew based on your multi-year history (not just for SARS year) as an informal policy. I would imagine they will do something formal, maybe double SC for an extended time once services resume. They certainly DO NOT want to thin out the numbers of WP as this is the most profitable part of the airline (maybe the only profitable part for a while). How best to extract value from FF plan is probably a priority now for most airlines.

lokijuh Mar 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Just be patient. I am sure once things move to being a little less abnormal, airlines will I am sure do something to incentivise passengers return. The only priority on FF programs right now is to provide cash to the business through non travel related points earning opportunities ....

perthite Mar 17, 2020 5:04 am

I am pretty sure Qantas will do something, but they probably are waiting to see how long this goes on for..

shillard Mar 17, 2020 1:18 pm

They should relax requalification requirements, and immediately cancel the CL memberships of every moron politician who is responsible for destroying the global economy and doing far more damage than some coughy-boi virus will ever do.

Taxpayers will spend the next 150 years paying for this. The $700M or so for airlines is just the start.

Luckily I'd already met the 1,200 SCs for my membership year (ending 30 April).

I suspect they'll do something similar to post-9/11 - double SCs/ maybe points for a period to get people back in the air.

moa999 Mar 17, 2020 4:56 pm

There are 10,000 views out there.
Others are calling for full lockdown and martial law.

nancypants Mar 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 32199478)

we’re basically there now where I am- double SCs isn’t going to help me given we’re looking at lock down until October and my renewal is September 😂

shillard Mar 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 32199478)

Bring it, might finally precipitate the big igloo. :)

I've got my Hawaiian shirt ready!

shillard Mar 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Rolling the dice flying SYD-MEL-SYD-NTL next week.

At this stage...

bigjono Mar 18, 2020 4:18 am

12 month extensions for all! Check your email.

mikalee Mar 18, 2020 4:57 am

Originally Posted by bigjono (Post 32201060)
12 month extensions for all! Check your email.

indeed. Thank you QF. We will all be back eventually.

turtlemichael Mar 18, 2020 5:12 am

Thanks for the email, Olivia. As a Lifetime gold getting an extension of 12 months of gold doesn't seem to me to be a major benefit. I'm pleased though that Qantas thinks I (and Qantas too) will still be here in 12 months.

DownUnderFlyer Mar 18, 2020 6:28 am

[mod hat] As speculation is over I invite everyone to follow the discussion in the following thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qant...extension.html [/mod hat]