Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF1 seating changes 16th March - changed from extra legroom seats to two middle seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF1 seating changes 16th March - changed from extra legroom seats to two middle seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb

My partner and I are booked on QF1 (Sydney to London) on 16th March. We are British citizens on holiday in Australia. We paid £110 each to book extra legroom seats in economy on the economy mini cabin on the upper deck of the A380. However, I’ve just checked the seat map and it has changed to what appears to be a refurbished A380. Therefore economy is now only on the lower deck. We have automatically been changed to two middle seats! To compound matters further, the app and website will not allow me to change my seats at all - it gives me an error message that says “A seat selection request is in progress. You cannot make changes to your seats at this time. Please contact your issuing agent.”

Obviously we do not want to sit in two middle seats after paying for extra legroom seats in a far superior cabin arrangement. I’ve tried to call the UK and Australian Qantas call centres but the wait times are ranging from 1-3 hours. I haven’t been able to get through to anyone. Can anyone suggest a way to resolve this dilemma without spending hours of our holiday on the phone waiting for Qantas to pick up?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Send them a SMS.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do you have a phone with an Australian SIM in it? if so, if you call, you may well get the call back option - will still take 2+ hours to get response at the moment, but at least it won't impact too much on your day. If it doesn't offer it the 1st time you call, try a couple more times
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:43 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You can also install the Qantas app on your phone and use in-app messaging functions, these are likely to be faster than other messaging options but probably take an hour or 2, however you can go about your business while the app does the waiting You will need a QFF frequent flier number to use some features of the app (not sure if that includes messaging), but can join for free if you don't have one.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:20 am

Me an my wife are flying out of Dallas to Sydney on April 29th and the plane was changed to the 787 from A380 (not happy but), paid extra to choose my seats (Economy) on the A380. They assigned our seats for us on the 787 at the very back of the plane plus separated us. I logged on to and was able to change my seats again and got charged to move it. $20 AUD -> $13 USD. Had to do the same for the returning flight. I was going to call them back to see if I can get a refund but its just not worth the 2 1/2 hours wait time on the phone.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
There is a form you can use to request refunds for a while range of QF additional (paid) services: https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...form/global/en

For a change in seating, they request you wait until the flight has been completed (which sucks, but at the moment it might be the easier option than spending hours on the phone)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.