FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   QANTAS J CLASS Meal Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/2010208-qantas-j-class-meal-service.html)

PUCCI GALORE Feb 22, 2020 11:25 pm

QANTAS J CLASS Meal Service

I have not flown Qantas in years! I am going to be flying AKL - SYD at 16.25 on Thursday. SYD - Mel - HOB two days later at about 9.30 connecting to HOB dep at 12.30 ish. What do they normally serve.? I assume AKL - SYD is regarded as international for catering purposes? Does this affect the Wine / drinks selection? Any information would help. I followed a link someone gave but it led me to a long thread about Qantas food but nothing specific to what I wanted to research.

Any help would be gratefully received

PGxxx

Mwenenzi Feb 22, 2020 11:36 pm

On the Thursday better to eat in the lounges. SYD MEL is about 60~70 minutes wheels up - wheels down

nancypants Feb 22, 2020 11:43 pm

Shame you’re not flying direct SYD-HBA, pants could have come and said hello. Depending what sort of mood he’s in

jridge Feb 22, 2020 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 32102384)
I have not flown Qantas in years! I am going to be flying AKL - SYD at 16.25 on Thursday. SYD - Mel - HOB two days later at about 9.30 connecting to HOB dep at 12.30 ish. What do they normally serve.? I assume AKL - SYD is regarded as international for catering purposes? Does this affect the Wine / drinks selection? Any information would help. I followed a link someone gave but it led me to a long thread about Qantas food but nothing specific to what I wanted to research.

Any help would be gratefully received

PGxxx

Doubt you're flying to Hobbs, New Mexico from Melbourne.

Kiwi Flyer Feb 22, 2020 11:56 pm

Fuller menu with more options for AKL-SYD compared with the much shorter (<90 minutes vs 3.5 hours) domestic flights. Plenty of examples for trans-Tasman menus in the FT all airline menu thread.

Koru Flyer Feb 22, 2020 11:56 pm

To be helpful...

Flight from AKL to SYD, will be standard international irrespective of configuration, so if in business, pdb, three course dinner, wines, champagne and spirits. Probably will be a choice of desert or cheese. If in Y then standard tray option with alcohol available. Usually it is a fun flight with full meal service and time for a film.

donestic flights will be limited by short length, but they will try and serve you something and give you something to drink. Not sure what class of travel you are in.

if you are OWE or in business, the business lounge is better than the QP.

KF

PUCCI GALORE Feb 23, 2020 2:44 am

Sorry Boys! We’re in J. Thank you to my last correspondent. Is the Champagne French or Australian. It matters not either way.

No Dear (your handle eludes me). I’m flying to Hobart. As you knew.

To all - thank you and A Big Kissxxx

og Feb 23, 2020 3:42 am

No alcohol served in the domestic QF lounges before 12:00. The SYD and MEL Business Lounges are quite good, the "ordinary" lounges in SYD and MEL are open to the masses with QC membership. The HBA lounge is dire by comparison (no Business lounge).

nancypants Feb 23, 2020 4:02 am

The views are pretty good at the HBA lounge! Although I suspect Pucci isn’t much into plane spotting

m0hamed Feb 23, 2020 4:09 am

The HBA lounge is a landside shoe cupboard.

Wine and Champagne info is here https://www.qantas.com.au/WineTasting/About.action

og Feb 23, 2020 4:43 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 32102854)
The HBA lounge is a landside shoe cupboard.

Isn’t the HBA QP airside of security - unless it has moved in the last 6 months ?

dici Feb 23, 2020 5:34 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 32102924)
Isn’t the HBA QP airside of security - unless it has moved in the last 6 months ?

Visited during Jan, still in airside

nancypants Feb 23, 2020 5:47 am

It’s due to close for a renovation at some point I believe, not sure if that will mean/has already meant a move landside?

RetiredATLATC Feb 23, 2020 7:13 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 32102717)

No Dear (your handle eludes me). I’m flying to Hobart. As you knew.

Deleted

m0hamed Feb 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 32102924)

It must have moved since I was last there. It's been a few years.