QF reducing capacity

Old Feb 26, 20, 2:41 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sydney
Programs: QF WP, QF LTG, PC Plat, FlyingBlue
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by fakecd View Post
u mean instead of arriving at 5:00am on QF117 for a AY102 that departs at 10:45am, you are now arriving on QF127 at 4pm? if so get a hotel

But if so u are in more joy and fun, cuz I think AY102/101 combo is cancelled for March.
https://www.finnair.com/hk-en/flight...travel-updates

meaning you may actually find AY rebooked you to midnight flight departing HK therefore arriving on QF127 reduces your layover... and check the dates carefully!
QF117 arrives 0500. AY100 departs at 0025 the next day. No other option as QF127 and AY102 are cancelled.
Hotel is an option but not sure if I want to leave the airport.

Last edited by biba; Feb 26, 20 at 2:47 pm
biba is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 4:07 pm
  #17  
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Posts: 13,072
Originally Posted by biba View Post
QF117 arrives 0500. AY100 departs at 0025 the next day. No other option as QF127 and AY102 are cancelled.
Hotel is an option but not sure if I want to leave the airport.
My situation as well. Is anyone aware whether any of the airport hotels allow - say a 12 hr occupancy (c/in @ 0600, c/out @ 1800) without having to book for 2 nights?
og is offline  
Old Feb 27, 20, 5:27 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Programs: QF Platinum, CX Diamond
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by og View Post
My situation as well. Is anyone aware whether any of the airport hotels allow - say a 12 hr occupancy (c/in @ 0600, c/out @ 1800) without having to book for 2 nights?
Yes, the Regal Airport Hotel has a day use package

https://www.regalhotel.com/regal-air...m-Package.html
jayke is offline  
Old Feb 27, 20, 6:02 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: HK
Programs: QF Emerald. CX Nobody
Posts: 2,870
Originally Posted by jayke View Post
Yes, the Regal Airport Hotel has a day use package

https://www.regalhotel.com/regal-air...m-Package.html
regal airport hotel is connected inside terminal, u dont go out unlike Rydges at Syd or Melbourne Parkroyal or BNE Ibis... if you are worried avout virus exposure a room is definitely safer than a day at airport. dont bother leaving airport, Novotel and Marriort is actually 5min-10min drive away so if u want to reduce exposure book regal
SW7London likes this.
fakecd is offline  
Old Feb 27, 20, 1:44 pm
  #20  
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: SYD
Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Posts: 13,072
Originally Posted by jayke View Post
Yes, the Regal Airport Hotel has a day use package

https://www.regalhotel.com/regal-air...m-Package.html
Thanks to jayke and fakecd for that advice.
og is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: