Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Call center ability is unacceptable

Old Feb 14, 20, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Tried to book a flight for my brother in law MEL - BAH on EK. As you all know Qantas website has issues when passenger is different from the account holder on partner airlines and only way is to call in.
Took 2 hours to connect to someone, Agent had no idea where Bahrain was, asked me if it was a city? I spelled out airport code and she still couldnt help. Had to give her individual flight numbers so she could connect them. Agent than put me on hold again.

This was 30 mins ago and I am still waiting to hear from someone. This was connected to the Filipino office as I could hear them speaking tagalog in the background.
I know its not just me experiencing this horrible nightmare and also Qantas has no plan to fix it. Guess I just needed a place to vent.
Old Feb 14, 20, 1:43 am
Original Poster

They just hung up on me after putting me on hold for 3 hours.
Well done Qantas. What a way to treat your customers.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So - what is it that you are hoping for the forum to do for you?
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Nothng really, just wanted to vent. Did my search and I wasn't the first one. Hopefully QF people are lurking and they might do something?
likethis likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:36 am

Why not try using the message service in the Qantas app.

In the app go the "MY QFF" tab then the cog wheel in the top right corner, around the 5th option down is the "Qantas Messaging" service.

If you don't have the app then the same thing can be achieved using the Qantas SMS service 0477 726 827.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:38 am
Original Poster

I did try on the App once I got hung up. 90 mins and no reply, meanwhile still on hold over the phone trying again.
Old Feb 14, 20, 5:14 am

Seems to be a common theme - QF call centre has very long wait times and knowledgeable staff seem to have disappeared.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Joshua Guu View Post
I did try on the App once I got hung up. 90 mins and no reply, meanwhile still on hold over the phone trying again.
My longest wait in the app is around 4 hours.

You need to be patient... whilst the Qantas wait times are normally unacceptable, given the situation with the Coronavirus many people are calling to get refunds and amend travel.
Old Feb 14, 20, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried to book a flight for my brother in law MEL - BAH on EK. As you all know Qantas website has issues when passenger is different from the account holder on partner airlines and only way is to call in..
Award or cash? If cash why not book direct EK?

Originally Posted by henrus View Post
You need to be patient... whilst the Qantas wait times are normally unacceptable, given the situation with the Coronavirus many people are calling to get refunds and amend travel.
Flights to Hong Kong-China are only a small part of QF's business
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Hopefully QF people are lurking and they might do something?
You'll do better reaching out to QF direct on Twitter than hoping for someone to spot your post here.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Ibis Plat,
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
So - what is it that you are hoping for the forum to do for you?
Ummm why have a forum if you cannot vent? Also others may find it informative. Sympathy is with the Op.
Annalisa12 and likethis like this.
Old Feb 15, 20, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nivsy View Post
Ummm why have a forum if you cannot vent? Also others may find it informative. Sympathy is with the Op.
Various reasons - it is a forum not a personal blog/facebook page for one
Old Feb 15, 20, 2:16 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
[mod hat] Please only post here if you have alternative suggestions to the OP on how to contract Qantas [/mod hat]
Old Feb 15, 20, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Various reasons - it is a forum not a personal blog/facebook page for one
The forum is to discuss Qantas, discussing Qantas poor customer experience is not OT.

The passive aggressive attitude some people display by going out of their way to post comments around "why post" or "what do you expect us to do" reflects poorly on such people.

Ignore the conversation if you dont want to participate in it! Get offline and venture into the real world if you dont want to talk about particular aspects of Qantas' service rather than waste time asking other people to justify their posts!

OP - I too have had poor experience with Qantas call centers, particularly when trying to price up ex-EU fares. I find their Twitter team quite helpful for "routine" issues though, generally quite responsive I find.

Last edited by SW7London; Feb 15, 20 at 4:24 am
Old Feb 16, 20, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
[mod hat] Maybe I wasn't clear. Do not post anything unless you can help the OP to solve her/his problem. Even if you feel the urge to discuss what other people have been posting. Even if you think this is all unfair. [/mod hat]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: