Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF App Clitch for seating? OW Emerald but want 40 dollars for Y seat!

Old Feb 10, 20, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Ibis Plat,

QF app seems to want to charge me 40 dollars a go for picking a seat SIN-PER-SIN and I am one world emerald (BA Gold); not had this before! All details are loaded but QF say "pay up* on the app. Needless to.say just stopped the booking process. Is this a common occurrence?
Old Feb 10, 20, 3:06 am

Programs: QF WP
Are you trying to pick something that could be considered a premium seat? Exit row etc?

did a dummy booking as a QF plat and seems I am charged for exit rows, which doesnít surprise me

Old Feb 10, 20, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
Are you trying to pick something that could be considered a premium seat? Exit row etc?

did a dummy booking as a QF plat and seems I am charged for exit rows, which doesnít surprise me

nope the exit seats are 69 dollars. Bog standard seats was what I was looking at. I shall clear all cookies. While it seems to identify me as emerald and has BA number allocated it wants to charge. Get quite cheesed off with the QF site sometimes.
Old Feb 10, 20, 4:32 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by nivsy View Post
nope the exit seats are 69 dollars. Bog standard seats was what I was looking at. I shall clear all cookies. While it seems to identify me as emerald and has BA number allocated it wants to charge. Get quite cheesed off with the QF site sometimes.
the gremlins have been fairly strong of late. I would suggest calling in but, you know...
nivsy likes this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

All came good but only after ignoring seats in booking process then going in once E ticket arrived to allocate seats...
nancypants, og and DownUnderFlyer like this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy View Post
All came good but only after ignoring seats in booking process then going in once E ticket arrived to allocate seats...
Same if booking through the website. If you try to choose seats before completing the booking and paying, the system doesn't seem to recognise OW numbers and wants to charge for standard seats. It seems to be OK after the e-ticket is issued and you go back in to select seats.
nivsy likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: