FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Online Checkin gor IRROPS - beware! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/2007475-online-checkin-gor-irrops-beware.html)

shillard Feb 4, 2020 1:38 am

Online Checkin gor IRROPS - beware!

Curious problem yesterday flying SYD-MEL on QF (not PusStar!).

I was booked on the 2pm flight, which was cancelled around 4 hours out (presumably lack of ticket sales - when I chose my seat when booking only a dozen or so seats were taken).

Rebooked on the 13:30, no problem. Broke my own rule by checking in online to secure a decent seat on the rebooked (and much fuller) flight.

I'm old-fashioned. I believe that Gentlemen should wear a hat in public, Officers should carry a sword into battle and boarding passes should be printed. Anyhoo...

I arrived at the gate just before the boarding call. When the QF App informed me that boarding had commenced, my boarding pass VANISHED.

Nowhere to be found in the app. ...???

I wasn't alone - as the SLC filed past and I stood at the counter waiting for a (civilised) paper boarding pass, at least 3 other pax who were rebooked were lined up behind me with the same problem.

You have been warned!

nancypants Feb 4, 2020 1:55 am

There was a bloke on my CBR-BNE with the same problem

meanwhile today I can’t do online check in at all

i smell gremlins...

DownUnderFlyer Feb 4, 2020 2:22 am

Had the same problem in ADL last week. One looks like an idiot when you a hectically touching your phone to bring up a boarding pass with a huge line behind you.

kirkwoodj Feb 4, 2020 6:40 am

Save to Apple Wallet (if you have an iPhone) and it cannot disappear! Dunno if there's similar on other types of smartphones.

number_6 Feb 4, 2020 2:24 pm

I've learned to do online checkin and then print a paper boarding pass at the kiosk at the airport ... solves the problem of dead battery on the phone as well as this vanishing QF app trick. I figure those paper boarding passes can actually be recycled (unlike some other paper products) so don't feel guilty about killing trees.

og Feb 4, 2020 4:21 pm

Can’t you just give your QF FF card to the gate agent? They scan and print the little paper with seat allocation /BP info?

shillard Feb 5, 2020 12:54 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj (Post 32031026)
Save to Apple Wallet (if you have an iPhone) and it cannot disappear! Dunno if there's similar on other types of smartphones.

I dunno man, that sounds like a lot of work.

shillard Feb 5, 2020 12:54 am

Originally Posted by number_6 (Post 32032724)
I've learned to do online checkin and then print a paper boarding pass at the kiosk at the airport ... solves the problem of dead battery on the phone as well as this vanishing QF app trick. I figure those paper boarding passes can actually be recycled (unlike some other paper products) so don't feel guilty about killing trees.

Trees are evil and must be destroyed.

We need to ensure that human civilisation - not arboreal - dominates this galaxy now, and forever!

mikalee Feb 7, 2020 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 32033134)
Can’t you just give your QF FF card to the gate agent? They scan and print the little paper with seat allocation /BP info?

Yes, hard card or electronic one from the app.

fakecd Feb 7, 2020 3:55 pm

during IRROPS i always taje screenshots if App diaplays to prove history of getting shafted by airlines. simple but effective