Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Status Credits on BA Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas

I am a long-time lurker, first time poster, and hoping someone can relieve my confusion....

I am booked on two flights (business class) from MEL to LHR, then LGW to AKL. The flights have BA flight numbers, but are operated by Qatar. Will I get any status credits or points? I always thought I would get points at least on BA (being OW), but the calculator doesn't give me the option of selecting BA which is making me suspect I won't get anything. The price was good so its not the end of the world if not....but of course it would be nice if I did!

Thanks so much
MRC
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to posting on the QF board!
Originally Posted by MadamRiskCulture
I am booked on two flights (business class) from MEL to LHR, then LGW to AKL. The flights have BA flight numbers, but are operated by Qatar. Will I get any status credits or points?
As far as I can see, the answer should be yes (provided that you're booked in a booking class that earns).

If you go to the partners section of the airline earning table, you will see that in the section for BA flights there are no exceptions excluding codeshare flights from earning. Even where there are such exceptions, for oneworld flights the non-earning exceptions tend to be where the flight is operated by a non-oneworld airline - see, for example, the entries for Cathay Dragon and Cathay Pacific immediately below the BA entry - so a BA flight operated by QR would be safe.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
With a BA flight number the flights should credit no matter who is operating the flight (this is a rare example of good service). Most other Oneworld flights need to be operated by Oneworld airlines.

Since Qatar is even Oneworld the miles should credit as BA flights, as the Marketing-Carrier counts.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MadamRiskCulture
I am a long-time lurker, first time poster, and hoping someone can relieve my confusion....

I am booked on two flights (business class) from MEL to LHR, then LGW to AKL. The flights have BA flight numbers, but are operated by Qatar. Will I get any status credits or points? I always thought I would get points at least on BA (being OW), but the calculator doesn't give me the option of selecting BA which is making me suspect I won't get anything. The price was good so its not the end of the world if not....but of course it would be nice if I did!
Yes.
With oneworld ff earnings are based on the marketing airline (flight number) [BA] if an eligible operating airline [QR]. BA QR & QF are in the Oneworld alliance
The QF calculator does not show all possible OW flights.
Keep your QR boarding passes until the flights post.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas
Thanks for your replies - they've really made my day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.