Boeing 737 IFE & WIFI

Old Jan 26, 20, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ & QF
Boeing 737 IFE & WIFI

Hello,

I am just wondering if someone can clarify a few things please?

Do all 737's have WIFI please? I assume they do as I have yet to come across one that doesn't. Im not usually so lucky!

It doesn't actually matter to be but I am curious. Are there any plans to make the 737's uniform with the IFE please? Some have streaming and some have seat back.

Thanks
Old Jan 26, 20, 1:45 am

Programs: QF WP
IME itís about 70-80% at present but I donít have a definitive statistic to support that

the QF 737 seat map lists the regos with streaming vs seat back screens
https://www.qantas.com/content/dam/q...s/B737-800.pdf

to the best of my knowledge thereís no plan to make one system or the other universal but as always happy to be corrected
Old Jan 26, 20, 2:57 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
From my limited experience on SYD-MEL, just Ďcoz itís got wifi doesnít mean that it works for anything other than QF programming. WOFTAM IMHO.
nancypants and Blackcloud like this.
Old Jan 26, 20, 8:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Qantas website now says 96% which would be 72 of 75.
Believe the three without are VYD, VYH and XZB.
XZB was the initial trial aircraft but the unit was removed.
Possibly would have been completed by now but I suspect the grounding of the pickle fork aircraft delayed things

On the 332 side it's 8 of the 10 domestic tagged aircraft with EBA and EBK left (note sometimes the international aircraft fly domestically).

Don't believe any plans to install seatback IFE on the older aircraft. Those planes are up to to 18 years old and will be the next in the fleet to be retired so Id expect to remain BYO.

Wouldn't be surprised if future narrow bodies also don't have seatback IFE (as AA has done). It's a big additional cost, plus weight and maintenance issue.. and after a few years most people have much better personal devices (tablets)
nancypants and og like this.
Old Jan 26, 20, 9:59 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by moa999 View Post
...Wouldn't be surprised if future narrow bodies also don't have seatback IFE (as AA has done). It's a big additional cost, plus weight and maintenance issue.. and after a few years most people have much better personal devices (tablets)
No great loss. No pounding on the back of the seat as people punch the screen trying to make it work.
nancypants and moa999 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: