Wiki Posts
Search

Bug Bites on Qantas A380 SYD-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cuzzybro
Ouch. Not wanting to suggest these aren’t bed bug bites but I had a similar occurrence when I was back home in NZ a while back, visited Rotoiti had an awesome time then caught flight back NZ AKL-SFO in J, upon landing in SFO felt itchy and had bites like this all around my wrists and ankles, was furious it was bed bugs in business class until my wife reminded me it was likely sand flies and small midge bites from us hanging around lakes and beaches and then sitting on the beach or hanging out at hotpools near a wooded area. Messaged a few friends who had visited Rotoiti with us and sure enough they all had bites too. Moral of the story: likely wasnt the flight, and I was quick to lay blame. Just thought I’d share.
Not in this case. Sadly - work trip.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:35 am

By chance were you sitting anywhere near the bassinet rows at row 15? If so those spots may have been caused by ankle biters.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
I never went near any sand. Not possible in this instance.
if someone repeatedly refuses to consider it is their fault, i am inclined to believe it is their fault.
Timothy Hillier likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
30 hours after making contact with Qantas - nothing.
Your *insane* expectations for some remuneration after surely one of the most trivial inconveniences in flight history - is absolutely astounding.

You got some bug bites.
Go to a store, get some lotion to put on and go about your day.

You don’t need to tell people about this, post on a forum, or ‘tweet’ a massive airline that just flew you around the world in comfort and then act annoyed when they don’t respond in some magical timeframe that only you set.

Come on man, you’re making society look idiotic with tripe like this.

Get a grip!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.