Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

First Time in First Class MEL - SIN Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold

Forgive me for asking; I looked back through about 6 pages and couldn't find info. We're flying first class later this month; it's our first time in F ever so obviously first QF. Our flight is QF35, booked with AA miles.
  1. I've read that they contact you the day before your flight to schedule a massage in the lounge. Since we're traveling internationally and may not be reachable by phone, should I reach out and give contact info or schedule the massage myself (I really want P2 to experience this; it will be a highlight)?
  2. I've seen a video review where PJs are provided. QF35 is a daytime flight, but are PJs still available? Again, these would be a nice keepsake for our first time in first class.
Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:35 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Yes, as you are flying First Class, you should be telephoned by the First Lounge on the day prior. As you say, you may be uncontactable, meaning that you may have to enquire about a Spa booking as soon as you arrive at the Lounge. The treatments can book out.

I do not have a telephone number for the First Lounge, but the Business Lounge is 03 8336 4294 (+61 3 8336 4294). They may be able to transfer you. The Spa hours are generally 7.30am to 4.00pm daily.

As for PJs, I’m not sure about daytime flights. If they are not offered, I would spin the FAs a bit of a story, as they may have some stored on-board anyway.

So, if you are not able to pre-book the Spa, try to arrive early, enquire about a booking, eat, drink and have some great relaxation time. Enjoy.
SightseeMC likes this.

Last edited by DC9; Jan 10, 2020 at 6:38 am
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DC9
As for PJs, I’m not sure about daytime flights. If they are not offered, I would spin the FAs a bit of a story, as they may have some stored on-board anyway.
I got PJs on daytime SYD-SIN flight in September ^
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Yes.. PJs on QF35
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
PJs are available. You can call the lounge yourself to book a spa time. I would do this early on the day before, or even the day that... times can book out even for F.

Be prepared for a very long meal service - it can take around 3 hours. If you are wanting to snooze after a big meal they will set your bed up for you, but you will be lucky to get an hour or two. It is nice to have the bed made up so you can relax and watch tele or a movie.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
PJs are available. You can call the lounge yourself to book a spa time. I would do this early on the day before, or even the day that... times can book out even for F.

Be prepared for a very long meal service - it can take around 3 hours. If you are wanting to snooze after a big meal they will set your bed up for you, but you will be lucky to get an hour or two. It is nice to have the bed made up so you can relax and watch tele or a movie.
Ah, thanks for the info on the meal service. We'll have a ridiculously long (but wonderful) 7 hours to explore SIN for the first time since 2017, so napping on that flight will be a probability.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DC9
Yes, as you are flying First Class, you should be telephoned by the First Lounge on the day prior. As you say, you may be uncontactable, meaning that you may have to enquire about a Spa booking as soon as you arrive at the Lounge. The treatments can book out.

I do not have a telephone number for the First Lounge, but the Business Lounge is 03 8336 4294 (+61 3 8336 4294). They may be able to transfer you. The Spa hours are generally 7.30am to 4.00pm daily.

So, if you are not able to pre-book the Spa, try to arrive early, enquire about a booking, eat, drink and have some great relaxation time. Enjoy.
Called the biz lounge and was transferred to the first class spa immediately. Booked the treatment for my wife, and they were extremely thorough and helpful. Thanks for the assistance!
DC9, IMH and shillard like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Follow up:

Experience was excellent! The key point: the service was TOP NOTCH! I have never felt as great on a plane as I did in the FAs' hands. 5 passengers in the cabin, 3 FAs: immediate service, proactive top-ups, bed made in next door seat. They gave us a flight deck intro and tour at the end as well. Yes the cabin was a bit older (not refreshed on our bird), and the massage feature only worked on the legs, but the meal was the absolute best I've ever had on a plane. Worth every AA mile.

Lounge in MEL was solidly a 9, with good (but not great) service staff. After the major flights left (LA, London), the place was super empty. The massage was excellent according to P2 (and spa staff *were* fantastic), and overall the ground experience was probably our best overall or very close.

Thanks for the tips! You guy helped the trip live up to the "aspirational" ideal.

(Oh, and I timed meal service: 90 minutes. But, you know, only 5 people. )
DC9, tuapekastar and camsean like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.