Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Seeing miles / cash breakdown for previous award flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

I booked and took an award flight recently, with a few passengers onboard. Reviewing the invoice, it just has an amount charged to credit card and "Qantas! award partial payment".
I'm looking for a breakdown i.e. which passengers went as award, how much taxes were etc. Other airlines give this, but Qantas invoice seems very basic.
I have tried to "manage a booking" but the web interface doesn't do anything (not even an error) and the wait time to speak to an agent is over 2 hours!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you put the QF PNR & name in SriLankin manage booking after a few clicks will show all the tax/surcharge details
https://m.srilankan.com/en/ManageMyBooking.html
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wouldn't all passengers on the same booking have exactly the same itinerary and so just be able to divide by number of passengers to get a per passenger rate
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
If you put the QF PNR & name in SriLankin manage booking after a few clicks will show all the tax/surcharge details
https://m.srilankan.com/en/ManageMyBooking.html
Thanks but this didn't work for me "Error 400: Bad Request". Will try again later though.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Wouldn't all passengers on the same booking have exactly the same itinerary and so just be able to divide by number of passengers to get a per passenger rate
Same itinerary yes but not same taxes etc as some were infant / child. Also Not used to QF "Points plus Pay" so can't recall what I did, but for example on other airlines I would chose to pay points for one passenger and cash for another for various reasons.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
I booked and took an award flight recently, with a few passengers onboard. Reviewing the invoice, it just has an amount charged to credit card and "Qantas! award partial payment".

I'm looking for a breakdown i.e. which passengers went as award, how much taxes were etc. Other airlines give this, but Qantas invoice seems very basic.

I have tried to "manage a booking" but the web interface doesn't do anything (not even an error) and the wait time to speak to an agent is over 2 hours!
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Same itinerary yes but not same taxes etc as some were infant / child. Also Not used to QF "Points plus Pay" so can't recall what I did, but for example on other airlines I would chose to pay points for one passenger and cash for another for various reasons.
A little surprised you have "Error 400: Bad Request", May be your computer ~ connection. Have you tried a different computer and/or browser?

Points plus pay is not the same as an award
https://www.qantas.com/nz/en/frequen...y-flights.html
What are Points Plus Pay - Flights?

Points Plus Pay - Flights allow you to use your Qantas Points to book any available seat on a Qantas flight with a QF flight number, Jetstar flight with a JQ flight number or selected partner airlines when travelling on a Qantas fare and booking on qantas.com for yourself or any eligible family member. You'll also earn Qantas Points and Status Credits on eligible flights too.

Points are variable and will be quoted at the time of booking. The points redemption amount includes taxes, fees and carrier charges. You can use all points to pay for a Points Plus Pay - Flight. You need a minimum of 5,000 points for your Qantas booking or 3,500 points for Jetstar. After selecting your preferred fares, you can use the Points Plus Pay slider on the 'Options' page to change the mix of cash and points.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.