Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF checkin and car rental drop off (Avis)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Hi

A quick question, for a 4pm weekday drop off at domestic QF @ SYD. We are looking at dropping the kids off with the luggage on the curb at QF checkin for domestic AND then returning the rental car (Avis). So the question is, given the traffic flow is it easy to drop off at QF and then go around again (?) for car rental drop off (which I guess is in the middle car parks somewhere?), or do you get shuffled out and need to complete a whole series of stressful logistics. Or is Avis car drop off so dead simple than with four large bags and a smartkarte that it is not worth the going around?

Thoughts?

KF
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
IIRC the second option should work the easiest. Hang around at AVIS, someone get the cart then all just do an easy road crossing into T3 arrivals then take a lift up to departures.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is no point in trying to drive around dropping off - just drive into the car return facility, take lift to departures and enter terminal

I would only consider dropping people off 1st if running late and risking check in desks being closed for baggage acceptance
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Good comment on the bag drop off, we try to run very relaxed. So it should not be a problem.

KF
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: Qantas
Honestly the car rental places are so close to the terminal it’s not worth it - it would be a 2 minute walk if that. Also traffic can be bad so you don’t want to be in that any longer than you have to. The other week it took us 25 minutes to get from the start of T2 to the Hertz turn off (ie, not even halfway around the circle).
Koru Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.