Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Business and Lounge Dining

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JustAnotherAvationGeek
Hi All: We are planing a trip to OZ and have a few questions about dining at the airports as well as on flights.
Our flights will be as follows, all in October 2020:
Thursday(15) SYD-CNS Either QF922 0930-1140 or QF926 1305-1515
Tuesday(20) CNS-MEL QF703 1210-1635 and then MEL-ADL QF697 1810-1900
Monday(26) ADL-MEL QF678 1105-1255

1. What can we expect to be served inflight on these flights?
2. What can we expect to be available at the lounges at SYD, MEL, and ADL. (I'm assuming CNS doesn't have a lounge)

My primary concern is on Tuesday(20), since we'll basically be in transit for the entire afternoon, we would like to get something decent for dinner.
<snip>
On Tuesday 20 from 16:35 to 18:10, between your flights, the MEL QF Club & the QF business lounge will be extremely busy. And then some. Peak travel for business travellers. 1000's fly the triangle of MEL SYD BNE on day trips (out in the morning - back late afternoon/early evening)
There are other food options in T1 (Qantas) and at T2 (International) land side and towards T3 (Virgin) in the walkways. It does not take much time to walk T1 T2 T3
https://www.melbourneairport.com.au/...formation/Maps
https://www.melbourneairport.com.au/...rport/Shop-eat

There will be other options CNS-XXX-ADL on QF or other airlines

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 28, 2019 at 9:34 pm
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Firemansam
I've used the Atura at ADL 5 times now and is incredibly convenient for early morning departures to avoid the 60-90min drive into the airport.
60-90min drive to Adelaide Airport? The most it's ever taken me in peak time has been 25mins from the CBD. Usually stay at the Hilton on Victoria Sq ... where on earth would you need to be for a 90min drive ... Port Wakefield ... ???

Regards,

BD
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by BD1959
60-90min drive to Adelaide Airport? The most it's ever taken me in peak time has been 25mins from the CBD. Usually stay at the Hilton on Victoria Sq ... where on earth would you need to be for a 90min drive ... Port Wakefield ... ???

Regards,

BD
My apologies, I didn't word that right, I have used the Atura to avoid the 60-90 minute drive I have to Adelaide airport.
Where on earth would be the opposite direction to Pt Wakefield, and bad traffic makes it 90 mins but mostly 60-70 min drive in.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:34 pm
DML

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JustAnotherAvationGeek
Thank's for the tip. We'll keep that in mind. I guess the airport has better eats?
The options aren't fantastic TBH. Coopers Alehouse probably the best of the bunch.
See here
You can also catch the J1/J1X bus from the airport into the centre of ADL (Grenfell Street) to expand your dining options
Journey takes just over 20 mins and runs til late at night both ways
Bus stop is 5 min walk from the Atura
More info and link to timetable
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by DML
The options aren't fantastic TBH. Coopers Alehouse probably the best of the bunch.
See here
You can also catch the J1/J1X bus from the airport into the centre of ADL (Grenfell Street) to expand your dining options
Journey takes just over 20 mins and runs til late at night both ways
Bus stop is 5 min walk from the Atura
More info and link to timetable
The J1 bus also goes to Glenelg (20 mins in the opposite direction from the city), a beach side suburb where there are also various dining options.
DML likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.