FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Ignorant QFF employees [MU flight not crediting to QFF] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1994167-ignorant-qff-employees-mu-flight-not-crediting-qff.html)

Xiaotung Nov 5, 2019 2:30 am

Ignorant QFF employees [MU flight not crediting to QFF]

I recently flew on a China Eastern domestic flight MU9726 from Shanghai to Dali. When the flight didn't credit automatically I submitted an online claim. For some reason the online claim also failed. Now the fun starts. I emailed my boarding pass to QFF and they initially said they couldn't credit my account because it was a charter flight. I pointed it out that it was a regular flight which is public information and they should know that better than me being in the airline industry. But no, they came back again claiming that the flight was a codeshare flight. I complained to the Guest Relations team but they simply sent it to QFF again and this time I was also lectured about what a codeshare flight is:

In order to maximise flight frequency, we sometimes share aircraft capacity with another airline, and these are called codeshare flights. These flights carry two flight numbers, one from Qantas (QF) and one from the other airline.

We are unable to credit your account with Qantas Points for your travel as your travel was on a codeshare flight where earning restrictions apply.

Qantas Points can only be credited for travel where the flight number belongs to Qantas (QF) or a partner airline. The fare you purchased was marketed by another airline and for this reason it isn't eligible for points.

For full details of eligible flights and partner airlines, you can check the Airline Earning Tables at qantas.com/airlineearningtable

I am now running circles. The only reason why I can only assume why they think it was a codeshare flight was because the flight has a 4 digit flight number. I cannot believe QF can be this ignorant. While QF may not use 4 digit flight for their own flight, many foreign airlines do use 4 digit flight number for their own and it's not an indication of a codeshare flight. I cannot believe an airline this size can have employees this ignorant. How can I convince them that this is indeed a flight operated and marketed by MU? So far they think they know better than I do and would not listen.

richplatt Nov 5, 2019 2:56 am

Have you checked the table here? What booking class did you have?
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ine-earning#mu

Also "Qantas Points are earned on all eligible booking classes, except on China Eastern codeshare flights operated by an airline other than Qantas."

It's possible you didn't earn any points for the flight.

Xiaotung Nov 5, 2019 3:15 am

Originally Posted by richplatt (Post 31702732)
Have you checked the table here? What booking class did you have?
https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...ine-earning#mu

Also "Qantas Points are earned on all eligible booking classes, except on China Eastern codeshare flights operated by an airline other than Qantas."

It's possible you didn't earn any points for the flight.

Booking class B, ticketed by MU in MU ticket stock with MU flight number operated by MU.

justinbrett Nov 5, 2019 7:17 am

Qantas does use 4 digit flight numbers - all QantasLink flights (2XXX) and even some mainline domestic (1XXX)

I wouldn’t overthink it - computer probably doesn’t have this flight in their system (doesn’t work on points calculator). They struggle to credit Jetstar points correctly and they own that airline.

serfty Nov 5, 2019 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 31702682)
I am now running circles. ...

So far they think they know better than I do and would not listen.

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 31702757)
Booking class B, ticketed by MU in MU ticket stock with MU flight number operated by MU.

OK, it may be time to contact the Airline Customer Advocate .

Presumably you have the automatically generated SR numbers from your previous interactions with Qantas Customer Relations.

Mwenenzi Nov 5, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 31702682)
.....I complained to the Guest Relations team but they simply sent it to QFF again and this time I was also lectured about what a codeshare flight is:

Have you been dealing with [email protected]?
Or to the airline advocate as serfy post above

moa999 Nov 5, 2019 10:38 pm

I'd start with that email address above.

Would add a comment that MU9xxx flights are actually operated by MU and not codeshares.
(As I believe a lot of airlines use a 9xx/9xxx designator as codeshares, QF mostly uses 3xx/3xxx FYI)

shillard Nov 6, 2019 1:35 am

I had a similar saga with UL flights.

Booked in Y, paid upgrade to J prior to departure.

This had come through automatically just a few months prior, then when the second lot didn't post I lodged a claim, x days later "Denied - credited to another FF program".

...??? QF is the only OW Program that I'm a member of.

I eventually had to get an email from UL Customer Service confirming that I had booked and flown in J for both sectors. A lot of work for 120 status credits and around 8,000 points...

(BTW: the upgrade from Y--> on UL is often REALLY cheap if you're prepared to roll the dice.

Isochronous Nov 6, 2019 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 31706676)
I had a similar saga with UL flights.

Booked in Y, paid upgrade to J prior to departure.

This had come through automatically just a few months prior, then when the second lot didn't post I lodged a claim, x days later "Denied - credited to another FF program".

...??? QF is the only OW Program that I'm a member of.

I eventually had to get an email from UL Customer Service confirming that I had booked and flown in J for both sectors. A lot of work for 120 status credits and around 8,000 points...

(BTW: the upgrade from Y--> on UL is often REALLY cheap if you're prepared to roll the dice.

What UL segment was that? MEL-CMB?

VH-RMD Nov 6, 2019 9:08 pm

I've had issues with UL DOH-CMB and vv.

shillard Nov 7, 2019 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous (Post 31710015)
What UL segment was that? MEL-CMB?

Two segments:

SIN-CMB
CMB-DXB

A nice way to break up the trip to DXB...

Hilariously QF issued me the boarding passes for both when I checked in for MEL-SIN on QF...

Xiaotung Nov 7, 2019 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 31704616)
Have you been dealing with [email protected]?
Or to the airline advocate as serfy post above

Yes, I have been using the above email address but their responses have been nothing but robotic. I may try the advocate but never thought I needed to go this far for such an easy task.

lokijuh Nov 7, 2019 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 31710527)
Yes, I have been using the above email address but their responses have been nothing but robotic. I may try the advocate but never thought I needed to go this far for such an easy task.

Go to the advocate now given you have responses from QF already. It is essentially a pooled resource, that reduces the cost of the participating airlines of actually providing old fashioned decent customer service to those who aren't happy being palmed off by bots (be they human bots or actual machines). It has linkages within the airlines to people who are empowered to make the right decision, whilst regular customer service seemingly does not.

Xiaotung Nov 7, 2019 3:55 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 31710629)
Go to the advocate now given you have responses from QF already. It is essentially a pooled resource, that reduces the cost of the participating airlines of actually providing old fashioned decent customer service to those who aren't happy being palmed off by bots (be they human bots or actual machines). It has linkages within the airlines to people who are empowered to make the right decision, whilst regular customer service seemingly does not.

Thanks. I have to say I have dealt with VA customer relations team and they have been excellent with actual human responses that make sense unlike the QF copy and paste team. They might as well use real bots.

Isochronous Nov 7, 2019 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung (Post 31710673)
Thanks. I have to say I have dealt with VA customer relations team and they have been excellent with actual human responses that make sense unlike the QF copy and paste team. They might as well use real bots.

My view for a while now is that VA customer service has consistently been far better than QF, which still reeks of a government department mentality.