FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Emirates Redemption on Qantas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1993397-emirates-redemption-qantas.html)

mationsbuds Oct 30, 2019 5:31 am

Emirates Redemption on Qantas

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so please bear with me if this question has been answered (although I've looked high and low and cant seem to find any definitive solution).

I am trying to figure out the YQ costs for a Emirates (A380 first class) redemption through Qantas - tentatively looking at the Singapore-Dubai (or in reverse) route since they scrapped the Singapore-Melbourne route last year.

Since the Qantas website doesnt allow you to see the YQ costs without having the requisite miles, I'm trying the ITA Matrix - but it only shows the Emirates breakdown. Will Qantas also charge the same amount or is there any extra charges?

Thanks so much!

minz56 Oct 30, 2019 5:39 am

Do you mean Dubai?

I don't have enough points for an F award SIN/DXB but the taxes and other charges for a J ticket for a random date in September 2020 is SGD340.40.

Hopefully someone with enough points can confirm the F cost.

mationsbuds Oct 30, 2019 5:41 am

Originally Posted by minz56 (Post 31681319)
Do you mean Dubai?

I don't have enough points for an F award SIN/DXB but the taxes and other charges for a J ticket for a random date in September 2020 is SGD340.40.

Hopefully someone with enough points can confirm the F cost.

Ah yes Dubai, sorry for the confusion! Was also separately looking at a Q-Suite redemption on Qatar. Thanks so much for the J ticket data point! :)

nancypants Oct 30, 2019 5:46 am

Melbourne-Singapore and VV is still active, unless you’ve heard a rumour?

brisbane to Singapore is slated to be cancelled

(although I freely admit neither is an a380 at present which might be what you were getting at)

addit: tried to do a dummy booking for you but the qantas site crapped out on me. Will try later if no one else comes up with the numbers before then

mationsbuds Oct 30, 2019 7:21 am

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31681335)
Melbourne-Singapore and VV is still active, unless you’ve heard a rumour?

brisbane to Singapore is slated to be cancelled

(although I freely admit neither is an a380 at present which might be what you were getting at)

addit: tried to do a dummy booking for you but the qantas site crapped out on me. Will try later if no one else comes up with the numbers before then

Yeah alas I am trying to redeem a Emirates A380 first class ticket for now. Thanks so much for trying, would really appreciate the data point if the Qantas website goes back to normal! :)

DH188 Oct 30, 2019 7:50 am

I'm seeing:
SIN-DXB SGD337.90 and
DXB-SIN a very reasonable AUD675.10.*
+102600 Pts each way.

*Maybe a typo on the website, but just confirming it's showing AUD, not AED for DXB-SIN.

mationsbuds Oct 30, 2019 11:44 am

Originally Posted by DH188 (Post 31681689)
I'm seeing:
SIN-DXB SGD337.90 and
DXB-SIN a very reasonable AUD675.10.*
+102600 Pts each way.

*Maybe a typo on the website, but just confirming it's showing AUD, not AED for DXB-SIN.

Thanks so much for the data point! :)

I've compared the helpful data points here with the ITA Matrix information - the YQ amounts are similar, with a negligible (couple of dollars) difference. Strange how the YQ for ex-DXB is almost twice of ex-SIN! :o