Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas plane swap to one with no PE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Qantas plane swap to one with no PE

Hi there,

Just wanting to know in the rare occurrence in QF you booked PE and it’s swapped to a plane without PE seats do you get put in Economy or Business ?

Last edited by Aidan; Oct 19, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:27 pm

Economy. With a token amount of points/cash as compensation.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aidan
Just wanting to know in the rare occurrence in QF you booked PE and it’s swapped to a plane without PE seats do you get put in Economy or Business?
What route?
From a quick check PE is on B747 B787 A380 aircraft. Not on the A330 or B737
My guess is QF will not give you a free upgrade. Anyway would not be enough J seats to accommodate all PE seats/passengers on a fullish flight.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

For the Mel-Sin A380 which is currently quite empty in the late Jan. Then there is still an A330’s flight and an Emirates 777 flight same day.

Most likely won’t be cancelled unless something pretty major happened safety issues or one of the refurb A380 doesn’t happen in time and they need fill a more demand gap.

Just curious.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I wouldn’t worry, even if MEL-SIN is quite empty, SIN-MEL flights basically run full around end of January with people returning from holidays a, Chinese New Year traffic and students travelling to Australia to commence studies.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by levelnine
Economy. With a token amount of points/cash as compensation.
Ouch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.