Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Qantas Points for Domestic AA Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:49 am
Original Poster

I understand that a segment has to be priced at SAAver award level on American to be booked with Qantas. However, when I go to Qantas to book the flight, I only see connecting flights, not the non-stop that appears on AA.COM. I am looking at a one-way, domestic flight from Sacramento (SMF) to Los Angeles (LAX).
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

have you tried making a telephone call to Qantas and seeing if an agent can see it?
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
You can try calling. But it’s not uncommon for QF to only be able to see connecting flights rather than the non-stops. The non-stops are often available, but married to international sectors. For example CLT-PHL may not be available non-stop on its own, but CLT-PHL-LHR will book just fine.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:36 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I interpreted the OP's statement that he sees sAAver award inventory on aa.com but not on qantas.com to mean that he could redeem Aadvantage award on the non-stop without any onward international segment. Tn the past I've found that QF agents could issue QFF award for such inventory even when it does not show on qantas.com hence worth calling. Fee is waived if you show it can't be booked without an agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.