Search

Class Rewards - only seeing MU?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum
Class Rewards - only seeing MU?

Hi guys,

So I was hoping to redeem points for a holiday and no matter the destination QF only seems to display MU availability.

Not keen to transit thru China or fly MU.

How do I go about looking for OW carriers’ availability?

Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Doesn't seem to happen for qantas.com.au with origin from Australia or USA ... are you using a different website and/or AKL origin ... maybe MU has better connections for your NZ origin flights? Try changing the routing, there are plenty of award seats except for blacked out dates (e.g. Christmas holidays).
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Where were you planning on going on holiday?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:51 pm

It’s very common that the QANTAS site does not show QF availability when trying to book travel originating outside Australia. For example, try booking QF24 ( BKK-SYD), maybe see 1 or 2 seats in J per year, if that. QANTAS tries to push everyone onto Jetstar, or CX, or EK/CX ( at hugely inflated points). It’s so blatant that QF does not even show up as ‘no seats’...perhaps they’ve given up pretending and wasting everyone’s time. It’s a loathsome airline.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Diamond
Are you looking approx. max of the redemption calendar range? This is what I have seen, within +/- 5 days qantas didn't show its own and Oneworld flights but MU were there.
If not, then no availabilty. MU sort of always seems to have availability.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: QF
deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.