QF4224, CDG-HKG revenue availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

QF4224, CDG-HKG revenue availability

Hi all,
I am looking for routes like this: in revenue Economy
SYD-LHR (QF1, 5 Dec)
CDG-HKG (QF4224, 22 Dec, operated by AF)
HKG-SYD (QF118, 15 Jan 2020)

For the 2nd segment,
however, I do not see any availability on QF4224,
QF suggest CDG-DXB-HKG instead.

1. is it likely that revenue fare classes of QF4224 will open up soon? I am wondering why QF is not opening fare buckets
2. Any other recommendations in routes if I have this itinerary to maximize QF SC for cheapest available.

Thank you very much for your help.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
Hi all,
I am looking for routes like this: in revenue Economy
SYD-LHR (QF1, 5 Dec)
CDG-HKG (QF4224, 22 Dec, operated by AF)
HKG-SYD (QF118, 15 Jan 2020)
Those 2 return flights are separated by many days and a LHR - CDG non flying open jaw segment.
Would need a check as to if QF can sell CDG-HKG, effectively as single sector. They may not have traffic rights, unless as a tag on/connection to SYD
If you try CDG-HKG-SYD, without a stopover, in the multi city tool does it price out?
Or phone QF??

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...ia-and-france/
<snip>
Under the reciprocal deal, Qantas will add its code to flights operated by Air France between Singapore and Hong Kong and Paris-Charles de Gaulle, as a continuation of flights from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
<snip>
(red added by me). Guessing the "from Sydney,...." is an error and should read "from/to Sydney..."

https://www.airfrance.com.au/AU/en/l...NCE_QANTAS.htm

https://www.executivetraveller.com/q...ights-to-paris
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you sure the flight operates on December 22nd? That's the Sunday before Christmas and might be a low day for international business travel.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure the flight operates on December 22nd? That's the Sunday before Christmas and might be a low day for international business travel.
From Air France web site look to be for sale on Sunday 22 Dec (expensive!!!)
AF0188 23:30-18:35
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I am indeed a bit flexible towards the flight of AF188
Can be +/- 2 days so I think AF would operate one of the days.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Those 2 return flights are separated by many days and a LHR - CDG non flying open jaw segment.
Would need a check as to if QF can sell CDG-HKG, effectively as single sector. They may not have traffic rights, unless as a tag on/connection to SYD
If you try CDG-HKG-SYD, without a stopover, in the multi city tool does it price out?
Or phone QF??

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...ia-and-france/

(red added by me). Guessing the "from Sydney,...." is an error and should read "from/to Sydney..."

https://www.airfrance.com.au/AU/en/l...NCE_QANTAS.htm

https://www.executivetraveller.com/q...ights-to-paris
Thank you for your reply.
According to flightavailability bcd
I see the availability of SIN-AMS and SIN-CDG marketed by QF
But I do not see anything for QF4224 HKG-CDG marketed by QF.

need to check if QF is able to market KL/AF operated flights to AMS/CDG or not, I will check this information when I go home tonight with my PC.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,
I have tried other sample dates for the some routes:

SYD - LHR, CDG - oSIN - SYD, (QF1, QF4222, QF2) 17/10, 24/10, 31/10 -- No problem, they allow a stopover in Singapore
SYD - LHR, CDG - oHKG - SYD 17/10, 24/10, 31/10 -- returns error
SYD - CDG round trip 17/10, 24/10 -- QF website do not allow me to select QF4223 (HKG-CDG) nor QF4224 (CDG-HKG), but ok for QF4221 / 4222 (CDG <-> SIN)

If I really want to select a flight via HKG, such as SYD-xLHR/DXB -CDG, CDG-oHKG-SYD, then CDG-HKG will be via DXB
I understand Christmas is a peak season for European cariers, I do not give hope to QF4224, but expected a route via DXB
Old Sep 21, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe QF have sold all their codeshare seats on those AF flights/dates. But guess that would be unusual. Or a bug with AF/QF fights.
EK is a close QF partner, so will favor the EK operated/QF marketed(codehare) DXB flights

Worth phoning QF to see if can be booked
Or a real live travel agent (not a OTA)
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I think this is a problem that may merit spending an hour or two on ITA playing with different combinations to see whether that sheds light on what the problem is. Importantly, switch off the availability checker so that you are basically checking fare rules including combinability and things like maximum stay restrictions.

I spent about ten minutes playing with this issue and got a heap of inconsistent results. When I say inconsistent, I mean for example that with one search approach I could get a price for an itinerary with something like 3 days between flights at HKG, and then using other search strings ITA would only return results with connections at HKG of less than 24 hours. Those inconsistencies suggest to me that something odd is afoot, but it would take rather more time to try to see if a pattern can be spotted.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Or a real live travel agent (not a OTA)
I was just about to suggest the same. I use a very good TA, understands the peculiarities of wanting QF/OW itineraries. PM me for their details.

Regards,

BD
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
It’s the Sunday before Christmas. Flights are busy. Only full premium economy and flexi business on sale:

QF*4222 J9 C3 D0 I0 W9 R0 T0 Y0 CDGSIN 2050 1635¥1 77W 0

Nearest available is Christmas eve with K class and higher on sale. Relatively expensive.

QF*4222 J9 C9 D9 I9 W9 R9 T0 Y9 CDGSIN 2050 1635¥1 77W 0

B9 H9 K3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.