Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas won't credit for flight on LATAM Paraguay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum

Recently fly LATAM Paraguay from SCL to ASU return. Premium Economy and booked into W class on both legs. Auto-post in my activity box shows Qantas has credit me nada for the flights on the basis they are "ineligible."

Can't for the life of me figure out why - LATAM is a partner airline, the booking class is valid for accrual. All seems to check out on https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...rtner-airlines

Any idea why? It is relatively important as I had banked on some credit for requal for WP before the end of October.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
According to the footnotes to LATAM, JJ flights not wholly within Brazil don't earn on W class. While JJ is LATAM Brazil, LATAM is now also using the JJ code for other flights including your LATAM Paraguay flights. So denying credit appears to be correct.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: QF WP
Latam Paraguay is also not currently a OW affiliate- so I suppose it’s theoretically not a partner airline at all?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Except the flights are ticketed as LA1324/5, not JJ

Originally Posted by croberts134
According to the footnotes to LATAM, JJ flights not wholly within Brazil don't earn on W class. While JJ is LATAM Brazil, LATAM is now also using the JJ code for other flights including your LATAM Paraguay flights. So denying credit appears to be correct.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

That can’t be the case - my boarding passes had my One World status on them, my QFF number, etc. I actually had no idea it was even Latam Paraguay as for all intents and purposes it was just a LATAM flight

Originally Posted by nancypants
Latam Paraguay is also not currently a OW affiliate- so I suppose it’s theoretically not a partner airline at all?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by newtestleper
That can’t be the case - my boarding passes had my One World status on them, my QFF number, etc. I actually had no idea it was even Latam Paraguay as for all intents and purposes it was just a LATAM flight
I don’t know what I can tell you but it is correct- Latam paraguay is not a oneworld member or affiliate. I’m not hugely surprised that you would get some kind of status recognition but I’m equally not surprised that it is considered ineligible for credit

the oneworld and Latam mobile websites are not as clear as I would like but you’ll find on the oneworld page of things like the qantas magazine a * with “Latam Paraguay is not currently a oneworld affiliate”

https://www.oneworld.com/members/latam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.