Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas won't credit for flight on LATAM Paraguay

Qantas won't credit for flight on LATAM Paraguay

Old Sep 13, 19, 6:04 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
Posts: 154
Qantas won't credit for flight on LATAM Paraguay

Recently fly LATAM Paraguay from SCL to ASU return. Premium Economy and booked into W class on both legs. Auto-post in my activity box shows Qantas has credit me nada for the flights on the basis they are "ineligible."

Can't for the life of me figure out why - LATAM is a partner airline, the booking class is valid for accrual. All seems to check out on https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...rtner-airlines

Any idea why? It is relatively important as I had banked on some credit for requal for WP before the end of October.
newtestleper is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 6:28 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: HOU
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Posts: 284
According to the footnotes to LATAM, JJ flights not wholly within Brazil don't earn on W class. While JJ is LATAM Brazil, LATAM is now also using the JJ code for other flights including your LATAM Paraguay flights. So denying credit appears to be correct.
croberts134 is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 6:47 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NT Australia
Programs: QF WP
Posts: 2,835
Latam Paraguay is also not currently a OW affiliate- so I suppose itís theoretically not a partner airline at all?
nancypants is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 7:27 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
Posts: 154
Except the flights are ticketed as LA1324/5, not JJ

Originally Posted by croberts134 View Post
According to the footnotes to LATAM, JJ flights not wholly within Brazil don't earn on W class. While JJ is LATAM Brazil, LATAM is now also using the JJ code for other flights including your LATAM Paraguay flights. So denying credit appears to be correct.
newtestleper is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 7:28 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum
Posts: 154
That canít be the case - my boarding passes had my One World status on them, my QFF number, etc. I actually had no idea it was even Latam Paraguay as for all intents and purposes it was just a LATAM flight

Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
Latam Paraguay is also not currently a OW affiliate- so I suppose itís theoretically not a partner airline at all?
newtestleper is offline  
Old Sep 13, 19, 7:38 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NT Australia
Programs: QF WP
Posts: 2,835
Originally Posted by newtestleper View Post
That canít be the case - my boarding passes had my One World status on them, my QFF number, etc. I actually had no idea it was even Latam Paraguay as for all intents and purposes it was just a LATAM flight
I donít know what I can tell you but it is correct- Latam paraguay is not a oneworld member or affiliate. Iím not hugely surprised that you would get some kind of status recognition but Iím equally not surprised that it is considered ineligible for credit

the oneworld and Latam mobile websites are not as clear as I would like but youíll find on the oneworld page of things like the qantas magazine a * with ďLatam Paraguay is not currently a oneworld affiliateĒ

https://www.oneworld.com/members/latam
nancypants is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: