FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Can I earn on CX flight ticketed as LX codeshare? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1987103-can-i-earn-cx-flight-ticketed-lx-codeshare.html)

vbroucek Sep 13, 2019 2:56 am

Can I earn on CX flight ticketed as LX codeshare?

Hi all,

I have been away for two years - no travel, sickness, whatever... And I have missed a lot... Search does not give an answer... So here is the scenario:

HBA-MEL(QF)-HKG(LX codeshare on CX)-ZRH(LX)-PRG(LX)||BCN-ZRH(LX)-HKG(LX)-MEL(LX codeshare on CX)-HBA(QF) all ticketed as P class except HBA-MEL-HBA in I.

Seems that I don't get anything for MEL-HKG and HKG-MEL on M&M as it says nothing for P class? Can I claim MEL-HKG and HKG-MEL on QF if it is ticketed on LX stock as LX codeshare (LX9510 and LX9511)?

Dave Noble Sep 13, 2019 3:16 am

You can only claim it to Qantas if LX is an eligible partner for earning miles. Miles earning is based on the marketing carrier , not the operating carrier

lokijuh Sep 13, 2019 3:24 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek (Post 31520296)
Seems that I don't get anything for MEL-HKG and HKG-MEL on M&M as it says nothing for P class? Can I claim MEL-HKG and HKG-MEL on QF if it is ticketed on LX stock as LX codeshare (LX9510 and LX9511)?

Difficult question.

Not usually a happy outcome booking star alliance coded oneworld operated flights. Oneworld is usually based on the marketing carrier, star alliance on operating carrier. so I expect you won't gain anything for your CX operated flights on QFF. Much better to book oneworld coded, star alliance operated flights :D

However, if it is P class on LX, what does it map to on CX? That's the great unknown in star alliance land, and is the factor that determines mileage earn or not. Or with the miles/Euro system on LX stock, would you earn M&M based on the fare paid as a Swiss ticket?

Alternatively you should be able to accrue 100% of distance on Asia Miles (the earn rate for LX "P" class marketed ticket).

DiamondMile Sep 13, 2019 5:01 am

OP is actually a regular poster on the LH forums and I believe they are asking if QF earns to Miles and More, as they have posted the exact same question on the LH forum.

OP, I would not expect to earn M&M on your QF flights unless LH/M&M specifies this in their partners section on the website.

lokijuh Sep 13, 2019 5:08 am

Originally Posted by DiamondMile (Post 31520450)
OP, I would not expect to earn M&M on your QF flights unless LH/M&M specifies this in their partners section on the website.

I took OP’s question as can they earn QFF points for their CX operated (albeit LX coded) flights?

Dave Noble Sep 13, 2019 5:42 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 31520461)
I took OP’s question as can they earn QFF points for their CX operated (albeit LX coded) flights?

Indeed, I can't see any other way to read it - he is asking about MEL-HKG and HKG-MEL , where it is (LX codeshare on CX) in the only way I can see it

dddc Sep 14, 2019 12:14 am

Looking at WhereToCredit, LX P class on Cathay gets you 100% - until you read the fine print: On Selected Routes only. I would have thought that rule applied to routes where they compete, not where Cathay is providing feeder traffic for them.

WhereToCredit.com give you a list of alternative airlines, of which Qantas is not one.

vbroucek Sep 14, 2019 2:26 am

Originally Posted by DiamondMile (Post 31520450)
OP is actually a regular poster on the LH forums and I believe they are asking if QF earns to Miles and More, as they have posted the exact same question on the LH forum.

I used to be regular on LH - for all sorts of reason I was not travelling at all in the last two years and somehow slowed down my participation here too.

My question was not about QF flights - they will earn on QF. My question was about CX flights that are ricketed on 724 stock (LX) as LX codeshare. The deal was too good not to take it, and if I don't earn, I won't cry. But of course it would be nice to earn... Yes, mapping will be difficult as it always is - my last trip in 2017 was also in P, but legs in SQ somehow got mapped to D :p so good earning...

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 31520461)

Exact and it seems not, so I will be hoping that mapping (see above) will again work in my benefit...

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 31520514)
Indeed, I can't see any other way to read it - he is asking about MEL-HKG and HKG-MEL , where it is (LX codeshare on CX) in the only way I can see it

Exact, Dave - plus see above.

lokijuh Sep 14, 2019 3:04 am

From what I can tell you should earn Miles & More @ 4 pts/Euro as it is P class on LX issued on LX stock, on an eligible route (MEL-HKG) operated by CX.

DiamondMile Sep 14, 2019 7:08 am

OP, I apologise for mis-reading. Maybe not the best idea to cross-post on different forums though.

vbroucek Sep 15, 2019 12:20 am

Originally Posted by DiamondMile (Post 31524034)
OP, I apologise for mis-reading. Maybe not the best idea to cross-post on different forums though.

Yes, cross posting is actually not allowed here, but I risked it for once... :p