SYD-PER-SYD on 737

Old Aug 31, 19, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

SYD-PER-SYD on 737

Qantas has made a late aircraft change for QF581 / 582 today from an A332 to a B73H.

A332 seats are minimum 60 x 21.5" Business and 31 x 17.2" Economy.

B73H seats are 37 x 22" Business and 30 x 17.2" Economy.

Many travellers choose the scheduled A332 flights for the extra legroom and general roominess.

Has anyone received compensation from Qantas for aircraft downgrades on this sector?
Old Aug 31, 19, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I doubt it - if you have purchased a business class ticket , then it is likely refundable and you could cancel and rebook on another flight - VA probably has an A330 on the route

The ticket price is the same regardless of the aeroplane type and in economy it is very little different - if in economy , get in and nab an exit row before they go
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 9:16 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
No and you’ll have absolutely zero chance of any compensation for the 332 to 73H swap. At most you might get a half-hearted apology and a patronising email - but nothing more.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 9:39 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
As far as I know, there is no difference in the price of tickets based on aircraft type. If you are flexible, they may be willing to move you to another A330...
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There are anecdotes that Qantas will change at no charge such bookings to another flight operated by a 332.

YMMV
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 4, 19, 3:08 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
There are anecdotes that Qantas will change at no charge such bookings to another flight operated by a 332.

YMMV
I've done this a couple of times without charge although I didn't notice the swap until the day of, or missed connection, or almost missed flight with $100 change fee on last one as wasn't their fault (Auckland traffic).

I've never asked for compensation. I just needed to get from A to B and even if I could fly the A330 I didn't want to wait hours and hours for the next one if there was a 737 going my way. Aircraft type isn't guaranteed when you book on any airline. It's scheduled and if it needs to change it does. Sometimes you can get a feel for which times are likely to have A330s and not be subbed. Typically midnight A330s back to east coast except the weekends mainly 737s when I briefly browsed.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 9:21 pm

Why did QF even switch to 737 on the SYD-PER route? Doesn't that route have high demand? Also, it's a few weeks after the 332s were renovated, so they should be put back on the map.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by lucas.zhu View Post
Why did QF even switch to 737 on the SYD-PER route? Doesn't that route have high demand? Also, it's a few weeks after the 332s were renovated, so they should be put back on the map.
How do you know that that particular flight was busy? it may have been that QF had a bigger need for that aeroplane to serve a different route - e.g. one 330 being used on another route developed a fault and QF made a commercial decision to switch the Perth A330 to replace it
Old Sep 7, 19, 6:33 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by lucas.zhu View Post
Weekend flight doesn't always see the same demand, hence why you see a lot of 73H's scheduled.
Old Sep 8, 19, 3:56 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
On VA, I've received 50k Velocity points for a same-day down-gauge in J from a 332 to a 738.

If they didn't do that, I would have switched my ticket to QF
Old Sep 8, 19, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by shuuy View Post
On VA, I've received 50k Velocity points for a same-day down-gauge in J from a 332 to a 738.

If they didn't do that, I would have switched my ticket to QF
if you had a refundable ticket and happy to pay the extra, fair enough. If not having a refundable ticket, would be a tricky thing to do or if this was just 1 sector of a multi sector itinerary, might not be possible

Search this Thread
Search Engine: