Wiki Posts
Search

Melbourne lounge guests query.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Melbourne lounge guests query.

My wife and are both BA silver members and will be flying from Melbourne to Hobart in business class. Our Aussie friends will join us at Melbourne airport for the Qantas flight to Tasmania. They have no status as far as I know but will be on the same aircraft in economy. Will we be able to guest them into the Qantas Domestic Business Lounge ?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE), VA Platinum
Yes. Flying business class you will have an additional guest. There have been some recent changes, in that the guest must be on the same flight.

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...s-1-disclaimer
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for the prompt reply. I know that the Qantas lounge rules are rather complex so thought I ought to check just to be sure.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:19 am

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by drgoz
Yes. Flying business class you will have an additional guest. There have been some recent changes, in that the guest must be on the same flight.

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...s-1-disclaimer
Actually they can be on any oneworld flight. Doesn’t have to be the same flight.
drgoz likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by justinbrett

Actually they can be on any oneworld flight. Doesn’t have to be the same flight.
That is correct regarding access to the Qantas Club (by virtue of OP and wife's BA Silver status). Access to the Domestic Business Lounge will solely be due to OP travelling in Business Class - in which case the guest must be travelling on the same flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.