Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Exorbitant QF Additional Baggage Charge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exorbitant QF Additional Baggage Charge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Then that is correct in relation to the ticket which you purchased
$150?? When I purchase at airport its $140 Called QF Frequent flyer They say Qantas.com website is showing incorrect price They can sell me 1x32kg extra $45 Paid and booking reflects 2x32kg entitlement + 1x32 kg Purchased for SYD-ADL
Problem SOLVERED! Not my imagination something is wrong with qantas website and agent even told me she has reported problem as lots of people are seeing strange things in #Manage My Booking#
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it states a fee on the ticket/itinerary , then what it states on your ticket/itinerary as being the excess baggage fees is what matters - what does it state on your ticket ( not what it states on Manage booking )

If it is stating $150, then the excess baggage fees are indeed $150 and doesn't really matter what other places may be saying

Where DOT regulations do apply, the airline is obligated to state the luggage allowance plus the price for excess baggage on the ticket / itinerary
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
If it states a fee on the ticket/itinerary , then what it states on your ticket/itinerary as being the excess baggage fees is what matters - what does it state on your ticket ( not what it states on Manage booking )

If it is stating $150, then the excess baggage fees are indeed $150 and doesn't really matter what other places may be saying

Where DOT regulations do apply, the airline is obligated to state the luggage allowance plus the price for excess baggage on the ticket / itinerary
So why last month logging into Qantas.com did it ask for $45 for 1x 32 kg extra bag, then this month $150
My ticket doesnt actially show costs for additional baggage - on my LX/LH/UA flights in the LH ticket 2x32 KG +1 extre free 32kg as a LH Senator/United 1K
QF flights ADL-SYD,SYD-HKG 3x32KG free
its all really a mish mash
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by trooper
Really? The QF website says golf clubs/bags are "exempt from normal linear dimension restrictions" Where does it say they are free?
I have not been charged, give it a go and report back.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Kwantas Call Centre Wait times

Every time ive called qantas in the past 3 weeks wait times have been told I have t owait several hours -request a call back which usually arrives after 2230 and wakes me up even after midnight shameless!!! Not even United would do this in the middle of Hurricane Irene! Shame on you qantas you are truly a 4th world airline! (A First World business that pretends it is 1st world and is in fact worse than a 3rd world business that doesnt pretend it is first world !) who is truly sick of the Qantas callcentre using now poor South Africans in Kapstadt Pleas eLufthansa/Swiss MKAE VA a connecting partner to Star Alliance Airlines to connect to LH/LX on your fares from Australia! Purchased an additional bag from SYD-ADL on a LH/LX ticket where Qantas is Major SignificantCarrier via USA and Qantas don't recognize their own baggage allowance according to their website so i need extra 32kg bag on a business class airfare - Kaspstat agent solved this for me a week ago but still not receipt Calling tonite and qantas can see no reciecpt issued atfer a week - shameless! What happended to my Ansettt Star Alliance airline into/out of AU? Now qantas tell me that they cannot issue this additional baggage as per their website at it is a Lufthansa ticket and they do not interline with any Star Alliance airlines I must purchase additional baggage at the irport at website rate - $45 they cant even send me an email to confirm this!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Every time ive called qantas in the past 3 weeks wait times have been told I have t owait several hours -request a call back which usually arrives after 2230 and wakes me up even after midnight shameless!!! Not even United would do this in the middle of Hurricane Irene! Shame on you qantas you are truly a 4th world airline! (A First World business that pretends it is 1st world and is in fact worse than a 3rd world business that doesnt pretend it is first world !) who is truly sick of the Qantas callcentre using now poor South Africans in Kapstadt Pleas eLufthansa/Swiss MKAE VA a connecting partner to Star Alliance Airlines to connect to LH/LX on your fares from Australia! Purchased an additional bag from SYD-ADL on a LH/LX ticket where Qantas is Major SignificantCarrier via USA and Qantas don't recognize their own baggage allowance according to their website so i need extra 32kg bag on a business class airfare - Kaspstat agent solved this for me a week ago but still not receipt Calling tonite and qantas can see no reciecpt issued atfer a week - shameless! What happended to my Ansettt Star Alliance airline into/out of AU? Now qantas tell me that they cannot issue this additional baggage as per their website at it is a Lufthansa ticket and they do not interline with any Star Alliance airlines I must purchase additional baggage at the irport at website rate - $45 they cant even send me an email to confirm this!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:39 am

If it is so bad, why keep purchasing these tickets that include Qantas travel or if it is an issue, perhaps just keep within the allowances rather than ranting at every little thing

If you request a callback and you call at a time where the callback will come late at night, perhaps consider calling at a different time of day

Given that it is a Lufthansa ticket , it doesn't seem that surprising that Qantas cannot sell the extras
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

If it is so bad, why keep purchasing these tickets that include Qantas travel or if it is an issue, perhaps just keep within the allowances rather than ranting at every little thing

If you request a callback and you call at a time where the callback will come late at night, perhaps consider calling at a different time of day
anytime of the day the call back arrives severla hours atfer promised i work an have a life next time SQ or CX to/from ADL no QF ranting at every little thing? sorry if you dont offer what you promise on your website maybe you shouldnt be in operation
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
anytime of the day the call back arrives severla hours atfer promised i work an have a life next time SQ or CX to/from ADL no QF ranting at every little thing? sorry if you dont offer what you promise on your website maybe you shouldnt be in operation
If you want to stamp feet and rant at Qantas, perhaps contact Qantas - this forum is not part of Qantas at all

If Qantas is so bad, perhaps cancel the domestic sectors and book a separate ticket on another carrier - or just go to airport when you travel, pay the excess baggage fees and move on ( or even just limit baggage to within allowance and no fees to pay )
nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:49 am
Original Poster

what is flyertalk.com for then? its separate to Qantas obviously! Are you related to the irish CEO who used to work for Ansett Australia ?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:59 am

what is flyertalk.com for then? its separate to Qantas obviously! Are you related to the irish CEO who used to work for Ansett Australia ?
This is simply an online set of fora, of which this forum is for discussion and providing help regarding Qantas and Jetstar

This forum is not affiliated in any way to the airline

Just ranting about each trivial thing that occurs serves no purpose - if wanting help , a non emotional simple clear request is more likely to work than stamping feet that a callback request came late at night
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: QF WP
forgive me i’m struggling to keep up- Ansett good or bad?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:15 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The higher your QF status, the shorter the phone wait time. Yes, I've been very impressed with the UA call wait times.

As for the rest of the posting, I couldn't understand the rant. What is "Kwantas"?
nancypants and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by nancypants

forgive me i’m struggling to keep up- Ansett good or bad?
good🇦🇺
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:14 am

Qantas LCC Jetstar are faster on the phone and better at online queries.

Agreed Qantas phone wait time is terrible.
cbourl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.