Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Gold or Platinum members favour..... [Award availability in J]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold or Platinum members favour..... [Award availability in J]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer
Question Gold or Platinum members favour..... [Award availability in J]

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone will be willing to help me here, but here goes....

I'm currently trying to book 4 classic rewards seats to either LA or San Fran from Melbourne (business class if possible). As you could imagine these seats are next to non existent!

Was wondering if any QFF members with Gold or Platinum status would be willing to take a look at dates in 2020 from Mid April to Mid May and see if they come up with any availability. Would like to see if its worth holding out until the premium seats are released to us lowly Bronze and Silver members or just lock in economy seats now while still available.

Appreciate any assistance, if not possible that's fine too.

Cheers!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
The only 3xJ MEL-SFO I can see (as Plat) are on QF49 on Apr-30. A bit of various 3xJ back.

Seems to be lots of MEL-LAX up until Apr-25 and limited back - mostly via BNE through May.

Regards,

BD

Last edited by BD1959; Jun 24, 2019 at 5:16 am
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
One thing when looking for 4x J awards, as availability on the same flight may be difficult to find, you need to make a decision in advance if you are willing to travel in 2x 2 group, which might make securing tickets easier. Eg. one group doing MEL-SYD-LAX, the other MEL-LAX, or MEL-SFO vs MEL-SYD-SFO vs MEL-LAX-SFO etc...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer
Thanks for the help!

Do you think it would be easier to secure 4 premium economy seats on the same flight or same issues? We would prefer to stick on the same flight as we have 2 kids 6 & 8 that have not been on a long plane trip before.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:22 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Almost zero chance for 4 PE awards on the same flight as Silver/Bronze ... even hard for Plat (there are not that many PE seats and higher demand than for J). Have you considered flying FJ via Nadi? Not an award but purchased can be cheap plus you have the option to break the trip with a stopever in Fiji. HA to Hawaii is another alternative, again not award. The shorter flights may be more palatable (or maybe not as you then have twice as many sectors).
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:16 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Welcome to FT, BJ McDonald! I would secure the economy seats and get them while you can. Then continue to look into business seats and maybe invest the cash to change if required. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to get 3 or 4 seats but maybe 1 or 2 so that Ms. BJ McDonald can fly more comfortable while the rest slums it in the back.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:25 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Updated thread title.[/mod hat]
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Aaah, just do what is surprisingly common on flights around and to/from Asia. You and your husband/wife/partner enjoy yourselves in business, and leave the 6 and 8 yo's by themselves in economy, for passengers around them to look after I think it's cultural, but not uncommon for people to do that here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.