Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Is it true that El Al F can no longer be booked with QF points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others

Trying to book TLV-JFK in El Al First.
3 A class seats available.
Qantas call center telling me that only Biz and Econ seats are bookable with Qantas points.
Tried HUCA twice now with no luck, but will keep trying.
Does anyone know if something has changed? Did a search here and only posts from 2017 come up.
Thanks for any help.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Tried a dummy cash booking on LY website for early Dec selecting Business/First and it only offers me business.
This is confirmed by EF which is showing only C,I,D,Z on TLV-JFK/EWR.

Where - and for which dates - are you seeing A?

Regards,

BD
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
LY (El Al) operates the 789 on this route, which does not have a true F class product.

The business product on the 789 actually looks better than the old F product.

*I should add that I looked a few months out. Not sure if there are still rotations with aircraft that do have the F product.

Last edited by flylonghaul; Jun 24, 2019 at 7:38 am
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others
As most of us know, El Al is eliminating First Class later this year. I'm trying to get on one of thier 747 flights with First before it goes away. Looking at mid-September when the 747s are still plying the TLV-JFK route with First. I see A class availability on these flights on many dates, but Qantas is telling me that A class is only for commercial availability and not award availability. That's not correct according to Expert Flyer and a variety of our reputable sources. Unless of course Qantas has recently eliminated First awards prior to El Al eliminating the class of service.
flylonghaul likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe that there used to be a restriction on redemptions on El Al using Qamtas points and that it used to only be possible to book economy class awards - I believe that that restriction was removed

What days are you trying to book ;;, I can see availability, using Expert Flyer, on 1, 2, 4 & 8 September on LY1 and 13 & 20 September on LY7
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Looking at LY1 TLV-JFK on 2 September. Showing A3.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Perhaps call back and if the agent says that A class is not correct, ask what booking class is being searched for

It is also possible that QF cannot see the same award availability that is shown on EF
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Perhaps call back and if the agent says that A class is not correct, ask what booking class is being searched for

I asked that same question several times. The first agent was clueless and the second said she didn't see a way to book First on El Al. I asked her if Qantas' policy had changed and she said she didn't know.

It is also possible that QF cannot see the same award availability that is shown on EF
Considered that too, but I have not been able to determine.

Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Possible that there may have been changes made. And availability that we see on EF is not the same as what QF can see.
Thats fairly common amongst other programs.

I thought it was odd also that A is a revenue class, and also an award class. So possibly there is a conflict there with the availability that we can see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.