Wiki Posts
Search

VH-OQA (A380) out of service?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
VH-OQA (A380) out of service?

The ex-LAX A380 flights have been performing horribly this week. On Monday the 10th, QF94 was cancelled. Yesterday, Wednesday the 12th, QF94 was delayed overnight. Tonight, QF12 is delayed overnight.

Digging deeper, it seems like VH-OQA last operated QF93 on the 10th and hasn't gone anywhere since, per Flightradar24. Presumably it was unable to operate QF94 that evening, leading to that flight's cancellation. And now, with the plane seemingly still out of service and QF perpetually short an A380 at LAX, instead of cancelling flights QF is delaying them overnight until a plane comes in the following morning, either as QF11 or QF93, and can turn around and head back during the day.

Anyone have a clue as to what happened to VH-OQA?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I was on "Nancy Bird" Sunday night, SIN-MEL and it was 6 hours late due to # 3 engine failing to start after a ˝ hour late pushback ('unfit to fly' PAX being offloaded along with their luggage).

QF36 eventually departed around 2:15am which resulted in Monday's QF93 departing 4ľ hours late.

It seems to have subsequently been unable to operate due to technical issues that may or may not be related.

Last edited by serfty; Jun 15, 2019 at 1:22 am
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
OK, probably unrelated.

Here's a post on AFF from a person who has demonstrated accurate Qantas "insight": (Qantas Delays/Cancellations | Australian Frequent Flyer)
OQA got hit by a truck in LA (catering I believe). It's thrown the network out a bit and OQA is still in LA 4 days later. QF93 was cancelled earlier in the week and QF11/12 is a 747 Sunday.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:38 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
Here's a post on AFF from a person who has demonstrated accurate Qantas "insight": (Qantas Delays/Cancellations Australian Frequent Flyer)
Nancy has had a hard life (the aircraft, not nancypants).
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by og
Nancy has had a hard life (the aircraft, not nancypants).
😂

what can can I say, nancies are workhorses
og, pandaperth and serfty like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:24 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by nancypants

😂

what can can I say, nancies are workhorses
so many opportunities to take comments out of context..
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.