Search

Using QF Lounge@LHR on a connection

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, HHonors Diamond,
Question Using QF Lounge@LHR on a connection

Hello,

My family and I are travelling through LHR tomorrow. We arrive into LHR T3 from PHX and will then depart out of T5 to AMS. I've transited Heathrow before and understand the set up in terms of passing through Flight Connections area, hopping on bus and then clearing security at T5. What I'm wondering though is if it is possible to take advantage of T3 QF lounge before heading to T5. The issue is that the lounges are on departure level and not sure if there is a route back through to Flight Connections area. The reason to do this rather than use the BA lounges in T5 is because as a QF Gold I know I can typically guest my family (two young girls and my wife), but with BA I'm not sure they are going to permit this according to OW rules.

Cheers in advance for any responses!
Old May 4, 2019, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No , you cannot use the lounges in terminal 3; BA will not allow 2 guests into its lounge in T5

If desperate for a lounge, there are a couple of lounges with paid admission - or can access if you have a priority pass card
Old May 5, 2019, 3:55 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
BA allows 1 guest based on your QFF status (same for BAEC status, fwiw). A possible solution might be to upgrade your wife to J on the flight LHR-AMS which would allow T5 lounge access for all 4 of you and this is normally a very cheap paid upgrade.
mikalee and nancypants like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by number_6
BA allows 1 guest based on your QFF status (same for BAEC status, fwiw). A possible solution might be to upgrade your wife to J on the flight LHR-AMS which would allow T5 lounge access for all 4 of you and this is normally a very cheap paid upgrade.
not really as C alone does not come with guesting privileges, so two pax (not one) would need to be upgraded to C for all four pax to be allowed in Galleries Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.