Search

Award - What Fare Bucket for F?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Award - What Fare Bucket for F?

I'm looking at a roundtrip award in F BKK-LHR for October. There's no direct OneWorld service from Bangkok to London, so I'm looking at connecting through SIN on QF flights both ways. (CX between BKK and SIN.) EF shows F7 A7 P0 for all possible QF flights that might work for me. What fare bucket do F cabin awards come from on QF?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They come from P class

There are non stop services to London from Bangkok on BA, but with Business class as highest cabin. If really wanting to go 1st class and don't mind scenic tours - not quite as much backtracking there is 1st class on CX from HKG-LHR , though I would save the 1000 mile detour and just go business claas - or for a decent business class with no backtracking , there is availabilty on QR on several days via Doha

Last edited by Dave Noble; Apr 28, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There are non stop services to London from Bangkok on BA
The BA flights I quickly scanned had J as the highest class. OP is looking for First.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by og

The BA flights I quickly scanned had J as the highest class. OP is looking for First.
The statement was "There's no direct OneWorld service from Bangkok to London" - which is not correct
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The statement was "There's no direct OneWorld service from Bangkok to London" - which is not correct
You are correct, my error. I was hoping to avoid CX. I fly CX F fairly regularly; and it's not what it used to be. I recently had the opportunity to fly QF F on a paid ticket SIN-SYD and loved it. I'd love to try it on the longer flights between SIN and LHR; but I guess that that's not to be. I'll fly QR J long before I fly BA F again.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 5:15 am

Perhaps you could find EK first class award BKK-DXB-LHR ? that is nicer than QF first imo and a much more direct routing
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Perhaps you could find EK first class award BKK-DXB-LHR ? that is nicer than QF first imo and a much more direct routing
Yes, that would be nice. Unfortunately, I have no miles which are good on EK. I'll probably do QR J, which I quite like.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I recently had the opportunity to fly QF F on a paid ticket SIN-SYD and loved it. I'd love to try it on the longer flights between SIN and LHR; but I guess that that's not to be.
I wouldn't worry about missing out on QF F. It seems you were lucky with your SIN-SYD flight as this can be the exception rather than the norm (check out SFO777's trip report of QF F in the trip report section and you'll see it can be very hit and miss... an 'excellent experience' is far from guaranteed)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.