Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Online Check-In and Frequent Flyer Upgrade

Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

hi! I can checkin online for my flight tomorrow. If I checkin then can I still get a points upgrade after the checkin? Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:57 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Pia84
hi! I can checkin online for my flight tomorrow. If I checkin then can I still get a points upgrade after the checkin? Thanks
As far as I know the upgrade can be granted right up to the time that you board the aircraft (ie BP is scanned at the gate).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by og

As far as I know the upgrade can be granted right up to the time that you board the aircraft (ie BP is scanned at the gate).
That is correct, I even walked to my 'old' seat not realising I was the recipient of an Op Up recently. The seat number just quietly changed on the app with no notice!
Old May 1, 2019, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Checkin online and points upgrade

hi! I got a text this morning that my MEL-SIN upgrade was successful. I then checked in online 24hpurs before flight. I didn’t realise it also did my SIN-LHR leg. Can I still get an upgrade? I can also change my seats in Business but my economy seat I haven’t been given an option to change seats.
help!
Old May 2, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
hi! I got a text this morning that my MEL-SIN upgrade was successful. I then checked in online 24hpurs before flight. I didn’t realise it also did my SIN-LHR leg. Can I still get an upgrade? I can also change my seats in Business but my economy seat I haven’t been given an option to change seats.
help!
Being checked in, no matter which method is no barrier for awarding of upgrades, award or op-up.
Old May 4, 2019, 3:19 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
help!
Fwiw, SIN-LHR upgrades are 10x harder to get than MEL-SIN. Being unable to change your seat assigment just means more than x% are allocated and the remaining seats are locked (can be used by staff for higher status bookings, either fare basis or FF status). That is pretty normal for SIN-LHR to sell out. Good luck with getting the upgrade but it runs pretty full and usually need WP or higher status, at least on popular dates.
DiamondMile likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.